Best LoadApp!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Papa0, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Papa0

Papa0 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    New Haven, Connecticut
    I have 3 month with my license, I’m planing to lease a Tractor with some money that I have, but I don’t know nothing about brokers, loadapp something like that, I’ll appreciate if you tell me what is the best app or brokers companies to get good loads!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    You posted this a few hours ago and nobody responded. There's a few reasons why I think you haven't had responses.

First, you only have three months experience driving a big rig. From your OP it seems you want to bypass the normal ladder of success and jump straight into getting your own authority, no leasing on with a company that provides you with loads.

Second, you have "some money". How much? That's a critical question. Most small businesses fail due to lack of capital.

Third, do you know how to do "due diligence" when it comes to buying a used truck? I'm assuming you are buying a used truck based on your OP. If you buy the wrong truck it will put you out of business in a heartbeat.

Fourth, do you have a Business Plan? The second most common reason for small business failure is lack of having a plan.

All that being said, no load board can really help you IF the brokers aren't willing to work with a new authority (MC #).

For the last four years I used 123Loadboards and Truckloads as my "go to" load board apps. However, I was leased on with a carrier with a well established MC #, so there weren't any issues getting brokers to work with me when I needed a backhaul.

I have heard that the DAT Loadboard is one of the best if you subscribe and can list your truck. But again, this means you would be learning the ropes as a newbie trying to establish yourself in a very competitive market.

Bottom line: have a Business plan, have plenty of capital AFTER you buy your truck and trailer (think at LEAST $40-50K AFTER the purchases), and plan on getting payment from brokers in an average of 35 days after you submit your invoices.

If you don't have that kind of capital or can't sustain at least 35 days of accounts payable, you have NO business getting your own authority. You are far better served to continue as a company driver, get another winter under your belt, and continue your research.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Insurance wont cover you with 3 months experience and if you purchased a truck nobody would hire you with just 3 months experience. You need at least 2 years driving to get a truck and get hired with someone. Just being honest.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. Lepton1

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    @Papa0 ... listen to some wisdom here...

6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Do you know basic business bookkeeping?

7. Papa0

Papa0 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Hey thanks so much for your helps, so you guys recommend me to lease a truck from a established company like “Us Express” etc, At least for 2 years?, I’m trying to make my own company because I don’t want be on the roads forever (just a couple years) I want to have drivers that work for me!!

8. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    uhhhh It is very hard to "lease" anything with just 3 months experience. Have you tried calling any of these companies to even see if they will let you lease? Just because you said your going to do something doesn't mean they will let you do it... Call some of these companies your interested in leasing to and see what they say, then take it from there.

bowhunter67 Thanks this.
  9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Don't do a lease/purchase. Stay a company driver while you learn the business and save a lot of money. You need enough to pay all of your home bills for 6 months and enough to pay for a major breakdown as well as normal business expenses until you finally get some cash flow going.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. Papa0

Papa0 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Is not good a lease then ? Because I know someone that is leasing one truck from Us Express for 3 years and he told me he is making good money, I don’t know, too much different information for a newbie jejeje I’m doing Local right now!

Thanks!

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. Lepton1

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Define "good money"...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.