Best options for a school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by DWisen, Jan 11, 2018.

1. EphTrucker

EphTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2017
    WSJ runs one of these "driver shortage" advertisements, err articles once every two years. The megas carriers have the same operating model as Uber and Lyft, which has similar high turn over rates. High turnover is part of their successful business model.

The megas, Uber, etc don't have a driver shortage. And their claim of such is just a siren call to flood the market with more cheap labor to turn even higher profit.

Again, you hear more complaints of guys not getting the miles (not a condition that would exist routinely if there is a true shortage of CDL drivers to the amount of available freight).

True driver shortage for such a vital industry, you would see bubble wages, better perks and working conditions ie, nary a driver facing camera around, professionals from white collar fields entering the field. If that' a conspiracy theory, I would like to know the reality then?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    nomadatheart Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grudziecki

Grudziecki Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2018

I did mine through Comcar a few years ago. They sent me to National Training in FL. The school was actually pretty decent. They have a large track to learn how to shift and they do a good job teaching all the basic backing skills.

4. doninwooster

doninwooster Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Wooster, OH
    Chinatown:

I noticed you really endorse CFI to us who are looking for CDL paid training, but rarely SWIFT. These two are who I am looking at to attend. Can I assume you feel CFI is the better company for training and employment?

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know if Swift is better or not. CFI is much smaller and all the posts I've found are positive.
    CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)
    [​IMG]

Dan.S Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.