Best seat cushion?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by CoveringBases, Feb 4, 2017.

1. CoveringBases

CoveringBases Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Before I started driving, I had a lot of physical aches and pains that I worried would be exacerbated by driving, but none of them have really given me any trouble. In fact, I wonder sometimes if sleeping while my codriver drives, with all the bumping and jostling around, loosens up the parts that would otherwise be stiff and achy...

But my coccyx! Oh my goodness, it hurts all the time! :eek:

I really want to get the purple seat cushion, but I also have felt the miracle gel one, and it seems very similar. A good friend recently bought me a memory foam one that he thinks is really great, so I'll give that a try this week. But I'm just curious what you all recommend.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. morpheus

morpheus Medium Load Member

Jun 12, 2014
    My 2 cents: Buy sports oriented compression socks. I wear them as a meat manager and have used them for 20 years. I am not a diabetic. They help your feet and legs circulate blood. When I was waiting table and doing double shifts my feet were fine at the end of the day.

Try a good compression waist band. Also one for the specific joints that bug you.

4. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
  5. CoveringBases

Jul 8, 2016
    I actually wondered about that. Are you being serious, though?

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Aftermarket seat.
    Only if you have hemorrhoids.

(Use only as directed)

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    If your coccyx is killing you - how else you getting off of it?

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Wonder Gel cushions are hands down the BEST. They cost $80-90, but WELL worth it if you drive for a POS company that has crappy hard seats.

9. CoveringBases

Jul 8, 2016
    Hrm. Now I'm wondering if the blue one I saw and felt at a truck stop was the Wonder Gel, not Miracle Gel. Google image searches show them as pretty much the same thing. Thanks for your feedback! It's nice to hear from a trucker who has actually tried one of them. They feel like they would be great, but without ever using them for their intended purpose, it's hard to know for sure.

I've never thought any of the seats were particularly hard, but my tailbone just starts aching regardless. I've driven almost entirely in pretty decent Volvos and Freightliners.

10. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Doesn't matter if they are "pretty decent" trucks. The fact of the matter is mega carriers spec hard, cheap seats. I was almost crippled during my stint with Swift. I was in excruciating pain from my hips to my feet. Wonder Gel solved the issue, after modifying it by taking out the gel and cutting it down so it wouldn't cut off circulation to my legs.

After getting into better seats I haven't used the Wonder Gel seat pad anymore.

CoveringBases Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.