Best TRUCKERS Bluetooth headset?

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by MayhemAutoTransport, Mar 24, 2011.

1. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Just picked up the BP 350XT. Made some calls and asked what they heard(i had music moderately high with ac vent blowing in my face on high)

THeir response was i hear nothing, are you driving?

Turned the volume up more and they finally heard it a little.

I exchanged my LG Tone Pro for the 350XT. paid about 30 extra to cover the cost, got a 16 dollar MIR. Only a day with it so far, hopefully it last a couple years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smithandco

smithandco Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Most people use the headset style but for me personally I had one before and didnt like it so much. So I did some research and found an earbuds style one - the sony sbh80.

Its really excellent for calls and I use it sometimes for music as well so its a nice combination.

This site has a nice review of it, if anyone need more info. Just thought I would share it, hopefully this helps someone out.

4. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Hello folks! So I have almost $200 worth of reward points for Love's. I need a bluetooth headset but am pretty confused since there are so many. What do you guys suggest? I've narrowed it down to either an LG around the neck or a Blue Parrot. I also like the price of the Road Kings but I haven't heard much about them. What to do? Obviously price is not an object because it will be free. Thanks drivers...

5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    A67A555B-422A-453D-BDD0-9EE77CC51837.jpeg 0E267045-6F6C-4993-B3E3-F374BC340532.jpeg I was looking through reviews on YouTube. Telling myself I’m just wanting to entertain myself by buying something.
    I own a blue parrot 250. It’s good.
    In the reviews. JCannell mentioned one problem I have. That is the earpiece allowing noise through. He and others are siding with the plantronics voyager 104. Also said the audio at other end is best with the 104. This is out of 4 headsets he has.
    I decided to entertain myself and buy a 104. Bear in mind on the noise. I drive a Freightliner. They’re noisy. I was thinking I’d like something that seals around the ear better. Quieter on that ear. So I can comprehend what is being said better. I’m finding I really like this 104 better than my 250. Mostly for this reason on the ear piece. It’s very good.
    I have seen people complaining about the volume on the 104. I have no problem with the volume. Geesh... I’ve had my 250 blasting too loud. All the outside noise getting to that ear. I couldn’t make anything out. Was just listening to a YouTube on my 104. Needed to turn the volume down.
    This 104 might be the best(?) headset for truck driving? I know my first impressions are excellent. Liking it a lot.
    Pictures are to show I actually own these.
    Also... plantronics took care of the loose wire to the earpiece some complained about.
    The one biggest thing I can constructively criticize blue parrot on is their ear pieces (cushions). They just don’t want to put a good big one on there. Yes the 450 and 550 are large. But they’re also heavy. From what I’ve heard.
    Appears plantronics is listening to drivers. Trying to provide what works best for us.
    My 104 is right at $100 after rebate.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. Rockhousehootie

Rockhousehootie Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Yes! I hate the 350! Quality Sucks! Earpiece falls off! I use my 250 + most of the time.
    Stay away from the 350 IMO!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.