Beware of M&H Logistics

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Willpower, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willpower

Willpower Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    M&H Logistics is located in Phelan,CA and they operate a "Dispatch" service for hotshot truckers. Gary comes across as a "nice" guy, but really he is a con man. He will tell you exactly what you want to hear and convince you that he is going to make you all this money and then you sit. He and Danny told me I should be happy to get one load a week. He will send you in to areas where you will sit for days on end waiting for a load. When he does find you a load, he refuses to begin looking for a load where you are going to deliver until you get there and are empty. Then you sit and wait for days. He recommends a certain trailer that is a total piece of crap. Lowboy with drive over fenders. Totally useless. Deck over is the only way to go for hotshot, most versatile trailer out there. He has his own forum, and if you say anything on there he does not like he will boot you off. I was with him for four months and sat for a total of 39 days. So, if you want to spend $250 a week for him to make you sit and wait, call him up sign on and be prepared to be disappointed. These guys are so disorganized it is amazing they are still in business.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    I think he sets people up for failure from day one go out buy a new $45,000 truck than go buy his lowboys now that your $50,k in the hole you live in a truck with no room and only post the good runs a few drivers get I see alot of guys come and go and have never talk to one driver that has worked for him a long time, had a driver one time told me he would spend 3 days picking up loads drive 1,000 miles and spend 3 days unloading his all miles run $1.24/mile and was out on the road six weeks at a time

4. Willpower

Willpower Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Setting people up for failure is exactly right. I have also met several people that lost everything following this guys plan. Most of them lost everything but a few saw the writing on the wall early enough to get out while they had a chance. Sad how people come across as wanting to help but in the end are just concerned about lining there own pockets. Hope more people don't fall for it.

5. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    What gets me is before he kicked me off I started asking about out of route miles and all miles he would post a load that payed $3/mile but it would have six pickups and six drops and it's not like there next door to each place
    I just can't see spending days loading and days unloading most people I see leave him start hauling cars, I see lots of people come and go and almost give there trucks and trailers away because they relize it just ant for them

Willpower Thanks this.
  6. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I got banned by gary about 5 years ago. I called him the pied piper tooting his flute looking for the
    unknowing and fools. That was long before anyone else did I peaked out his game from start.
    He deletes all post from his forum when he bans someone it's always the same asking him questions or pointing out
    his big plan is a lie.

7. bender

bender Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Don't Kid Yourself
    Gary burned out on big truck truckin' so he sat at the house and put his brother in his toy hauler to collect and deliver LTL freight. This became the "big idea" that drew plenty of interest from poor unsuspecting individuals seeking the dream. Wasn't long and his brother Danny burned out and sat at the house too, recruiting their "pot of gold" through their website and their "easy guide" to get your nuts in the ringer. Just another form of "Cali Fools Gold" so a couple "Good Ole Boys" can sit at the house and make bank.

8. MC2Xpress

MC2Xpress Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Stillwater, OK
    This is funny. I just got back into trucking and started out with Gary and Danny hot shotting. I dont us them anymore since Gary decided he didnt want me working with them anymore since I would not sit for more than a day or so without looking for a load myself on load boards. Gary and I had several arguments about me "competing" with him (as he called it). He kept telling me he would not compete with me but I still dont see how that is competing. I was perfectly willing to pay them to continue looking for loads for me but if I found something I would call them and let them know about it and let them do the foot work. They would fill out the broker packets and do all the faxing etc and that would save me time. I am sure many will say I was stupid for paying someone for what I could do myself but to me they were my "Safety Net" Since I was new again to the business. I relied on their experience in answering questions and helping me not make any mistakes. Their service is no different than anyone else s. We pay people all the time to do things we could do ourselves if we were capable but prefer not to do it.

I am now loading myself and am doing ok at it but your post made me laugh because someone posted a link to this thread on his boards saying he was "Getting famous". When I read through this It occurred to me that Gary could very easily think I wrote this thread since it closely described my relationship with them.

truckon and Willpower Thank this.
  9. Willpower

Willpower Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I see no harm in people telling their experiences with this guy. It amazes me how many of us have had the same problems with him. I believe people should know what they are getting themselves into when they listen to this guy. I still can't believe I fell for buying his "guide" that cost me $50 that was full of free info you can easily find on the Internet. I should have known there was a problem when he faxed me his contract with dates on it from years back. Another ex Gary driver told me that they went to his office and were shocked at how disorganized they were. Piles of paper everywhere etc. save yourself the trouble people! Don't buy what Gary and Danny McGaha are selling! Stay away from M&H Logistics!

10. MC2Xpress

MC2Xpress Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Stillwater, OK
    I do agree that its good for people to put their experiences out there. Thats what these forums are good for.

I disagree about his "guide" being a waste, I bought the $50 guide and at the time I bought it, I had no clue where to start and didn't know what questions to ask or look for on the internet and his packet was helpful to me in saving me time. If you have access to somone who knows each step you need to take when starting up then you don't need it. If you don't then it is a help.

truckon and Willpower Thank this.
  11. bender

bender Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Don't Kid Yourself
    Maybe they should rename it, M&H Statistics, because that's what you'll be eventually, dead in the water with a hole in the boat and no paddle!

Willpower and truckon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.