Beware of the TMC Trans net

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by hard charger, Sep 6, 2012.

1. kwloo

kwloo Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2011
    eh?
    my advice to any new or wannabe driver is never have more stuff in your truck than your duffle bag holds and always make sure you have enough cash to get you home.
    TMC seems like an average company and I'm sure they will have the occasional screwup just as the average driver does. If its more than you want to handle - then leave. But if you are on your third company in 2 years then maybe its not the companies that have the problem.

tracyq144 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Are you saying that maybe he doesn't want to "Charge" that hard? :biggrin_2559:

4. TruxRus

TruxRus Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Round lake beach Illinois
    been with TMC for 5 weeks been home every weekend so far matter of fact theres been runs i would of rather stay'd out but they still routed me home for my 34 hour reset i can see home time being a problem if you live in a area where it would be hard to get home if you cant get a load that goes that way when weekends come this last trip i was 850 miles away from home and going home was going to take me out of route by about 350 miles they still sent me home when i would of rather stay'd out and headed east to get my 1400 mile trip done western kansas to eastern PA home chicago...

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Ok, why should a company pay your way home when you quit them?
    Yes I have read where some will buy you a ticket on the grey dog.
    But you made the choice to leave.
    The former place I was at did provide alot of the drivers a way home. Some they even rented them a uhaul trk. due to the amount of crap they had in the trk.
    And others,well they were on their own way home.
    So please do not cry that such and such company did me wrong when you quit them...
    Like other posters have stated about speed. They are paying the fuel, not you.
    Yes I have driven speed limited trks. and it seems a pain, but kept me from getting speeding tickets..

6. LuckyMe

LuckyMe Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Whiteville, NC
    I drove for TMC several years ago. 2009-2010. I sure do miss those beautiful "Black and Chrome Petes". Mine was governed at 62mph. They are by far not the worst company out there. If you can handle the tarping they're a pretty good company to start out with. I usually always got home on the weekends unless I wanted to stay out. During the time I was there they were doing everything they could to stay a float, but every company was and is doing that these days. I can agree with one thing. If you quit, watch your paycheck. They will try to keep it. If I remember correctly they tried to hold $600.00 from me in reimbursements. I called to correct the problem and was told they never received receipts for the reimbursements. Luckly I still had them ready to fax as I had payroll on the phone. In seconds the computer suddenly found them. How amazing!!! I would have never thought twice about this except for the fact I was always warned by the company vets to watch my check if I quit.

7. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Late me get this out of the way, Big Joel, is that the truck from Duel. I am so glad it didn't die that horrible death.

As to hard charger. This is a grown man's business. (yes there are some women in this man's business.) If you quit, you quit where you are. Put it on their DAC report that the company abandoned their driver. When you cash ther paycheck you agree with whatever happened. If you don't like it take them to small claims court. Tell the judge what they owe you and let him decide. If you are correct you will get paid. Big companies hate small claims court as it costs them to defend but it only costs your time and $50 to show up. Sue for cost plus what ever they owe you. Document your case and man up.

I am currently working with a company that is running wild. I thought they all went out of business. I am being paid 1099. Based on load. I was told to take a load which was 10,000 over weight. We dumped the corn at the shipper down to 79,100 and off I went. I made the call. The company does not log. Okay. I log. The Tractor had a mirror missing a lower nut and so the driver's side was unsafe. No maintience big deal. I replaced the nut myself. All of the cost, I document and deduct. If my paycheck is not big enough, I walk away. Yes, the company sucks but I am make very good money. I know that it could get shut down tomorrow. But I am covering my own by not breaking any rules. The company wants me to drive around scales. I drive around scales. Nothing illegal there. I have the correct paperwork in the truck. I am current on everything. I log with electronic logs and can print out paper anytime they want me too. My truck will pass inspection. I don't care if any of the others will. I cash my paycheck and give them a good value for my pay. They want me to run illegal, they can want that all day. I don't do it.

TMC and every other company out there is in business to make a profit. As drivers, we only have jobs if profits are made. It comes down to this. You are self employeed. The company wants to pay you as little as possible. They have families too. You want to make as much as possible. Where you meet the market clears and everyone is happiest. Find a home that fits you better. But do not expect any company to give you one dime more then they absolutely have to. Unless you vote for Obama. And then you can believe in the tooth fairy. (the tooth fairy is not that guy that works as a lot lizard in Oklahoma City.)

8. co1

co1 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2013
    i hear you. i have worked for tmc just over a year now. false promises is right. its more like home 1 maybe 2 times a month. this company blows. money is not good. doing everything i can to make more, i have made five drops a week and come home with #6 loaded for mondays 90% of the time. still the money sucks. B/c the crap paying loads.

local driver Thanks this.
  9. machineman4223

machineman4223 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Nashville TN
    Obviously you are not at a high %. Some ppl are just not cut out for TMC. When I was out on line haul my truck revenue was about 3700(13 wk Avg) I was at 30%. which most wks I would put 4000 to the truck. You have to be pushy with your FM and get better loads. To get better loads you have to be empty early and with a full clock. Refuse those cheap loads and demand better freight. My guess is you take whatever your FM says and run it, and prolly making deliveries late in the day without a full clock. just my 2 cents

10. local driver

local driver Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Refuse a load and see what they tell you. You are not a owner operator so you can't refuse a load. That percentage scam they run there is a bunch of bull. They push % like prime pushes leases. They take off the top of all there loads and give you a percentage of what's left. How do you like driving the first 75 miles of your bounce for free? They gotta pay for those shiny trucks some how. Ask them to put you on mileage. Let me know how that works out for ya. Oh and $10 to tarp? Yea OK. Some Two stop loads gotta be tarped twice. And no extra tarp pay. No thanks. If it works for ya God bless. Didn't work for me.

11. machineman4223

machineman4223 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Nashville TN
    Its not refusing its know your frieght lanes and being smart about it . Tarp pay has went up but it is still low. Actually the bounce is anything under 150 miles. when did you work there back in the sixtys. Your the promblem not TMC. I know too many people that make 60000 + bring home with them. You just got to know how to Truck like a man

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.