Beware - Sleep Study

Discussion in 'Crete' started by TruckDuo, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Quit right now!!! You don't want this ####### machine! I'm trying to get off mine right now and it's a ####### nightmare. The mask makes falling asleep suck, every single night. If I could choose again, I would literally rather work for Swift than stay at Crete with this mask.

If you Quit before the physical, it stays off your record. After the physical, it's on your record and you will be forced to stay compliant to drive.

Check out the threads from Xlsdraw. He got a cpap machine, screwed his career up big time...

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Xlsdraw lost his mind after getting the Cpap machine

Brandson Thanks this.
  4. Brandson

Dec 14, 2013
    True story bro.

No, really...

5. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I took the test at Wilmer....and was told I didnt need the cpap.....slept on my side...and even got up during the night once...for the bathroom...so not every one that is tested...gets a machine...I didnt

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  6. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    You can always get a second opinion... even on a DOT physical.

7. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    If crete tried to pull that I would leave in a heartbeat
    I feel bad, for those guys this industry is weeding
    Out guys who are really heavy and have health problems
    I've been driving since 09 and I can see there will be a lot
    Of drivers out of work in the next 5 years or so it's pretty sad what this industry is coming too

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  8. Brandson

Dec 14, 2013
    You know,drivers aren't real people, right..? Once you get a sleep apnea diagnoses on record, you're screwed. And no, being diagnosed by these scam tests and actually having sleep apnea have nothing to do with each other. What shylow described about his "diagnoses" should be pretty strong proof of that statement.

9. Brandson

Dec 14, 2013
    I'm a big guy, but as far as truck drivers I'm still cruising as a lightweight I guess, haha. Still, it's scary. It takes a lot of effort to be active and eat decent OTR. Some guys can eat fried chicken 3 times a day and stay 180 lbs, and another can do fast food just once a day and balloon up. We pretty much lead the life of a veal calf...

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I had a physical done about 3 months ago. The doc ordered the sleep study, because she was "concerned" with BMI. Had the study done, it came up negative.
    Then found out my company switched clinics. The new clinic NEVER asked about it, NEVER showed any concern about body mass, etc.
    It's true, they want you to sleep on your back at least 75% of the night. No sleeping on your stomach, minimally on your side. The place I had it done, wasn't originally built as a sleep center. So you could hear people talking in other rooms, out in the hall, etc. They had to adjust room temperature for you. Lady across the hall had to be on oxygen, so there was a pump running all night in the hall. Strange surroundings, covered with test leads, and THEY EXPECT YOU TO SLEEP NORMAL THROUGH ALL OF THIS.

It's a wonder I did....

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  11. Mhart1472

Mhart1472 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2015
    I agree with jungledrums....I'm a sleep tech and the person should be allowed to sleep in whatever position that they normally sleep in. Most people change positions during the night and if you have sleep apnea, it's gonna show up. $900 for a CPAP machine is steep. You can get one fairly reasonable if you don't have any complex sleep disordered breathing. If you do, then there are underlying conditions that should be reviewed by medical staff. I wear CPAP, and I sure didn't pay $900 for a machine. You should be able to request a sleep study by any qualified sleep doctor, not the company one.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.