Big Loads - Post Photos Number 2

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by truckdad, Aug 3, 2015.

1. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Dye Guardian Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    That rear car is steering, unless it's a self steer trailer. But he's also looking down the side of the tower to make sure it clears the light poles.

Dye Guardian and macavoy Thank this.
  4. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    Ah. Shows how much I know! (Which is nothing). Thanks for the education as always.

5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    We had one of our drives a couple of months ago that needed 2 pilots so myself and a shop squid were sent to pilot. Now this shop squid had no idea about anything so we put him in the rear and I was the lead pilot. We had to make a left at a stop sign and as I watched the load come around the corner he stopped at the 4 way. Chewed his ### out on the radio and told him you best pretend that you have a chain hooked from the rear of the trailer to the front of the truck and you follow him everywhere except off the road. No other issues the rest of the way.

Oxbow and Dye Guardian Thank this.
  6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Also look and you will see the door on the top right of that tower.. so yep it's a base

Dye Guardian Thanks this.
  7. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    I forgot to reply to this thanks for the pictures. Your pretty far up there but that setup seems about right based on the weights you posted, I don't think you would benefit from much more neck or slide. I have to say it again I love that trailer, every time you post a picture or MJ talks about milking I get jealous.

MJ1657, skootertrashr6 and Oxbow Thank this.
  8. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Ok here is the latest beam. 4 more to go but only one for me as there will be more drivers there on Monday.

Anyhow, this beam is 128 feet long and that puts me at 146 feet overall. The beam only weighs a touch over 46k so not too heavy. Makes me take a different route to get on the interstate though. Light pole is in the way on the route I normally take. They put that thing right in the middle of the right hand corner. Shorter beams I can get around it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BTW, that is a 10 foot spread on the dolly just for reference.

9. jrscott1970

jrscott1970 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    My dispatch for Monday is quite vague, and of course everyone is gone. It says I'm getting a 113-1980 Roller. Any ideas on what that is? And pics if you got them? Says 6w, 6h, 29' long. 55,000. I can't find anything online.

10. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    If you cannot find any info on it I would assume that it may be an equipment number assigned by the owner of the roller.

johndeere4020 Thanks this.
  11. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Agreed and almost all rollers are relatively easy to load/ haul unless it's a big sheep's foot

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.