Big Plans 2023

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Big Road Skateboard, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    I looked at a similar trailer in Louisiana before I bought my CK90. It was 44k$, while my Reitnour I bought for 36k$.

This was May of 21. My how times have changed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

If theyre for you, fair enough, but
    1. someone else driving another of your vehicles will net you far less than you doing the same. Roughly 3/5 is the industry average i believe i read somewhere, and thats for an average to above average company driver

2. if you've never been in a mamagement of other people position with hiring and firing duties, its not that easy to find even average people, and firing underperformance or just bad at their jobs people is sometimes harder than many people can stomach

4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Buying new, always get the spec sheet.
    I ordered this i want to say 17/18 months ago. I don’t remember what the estimate was then: sure as wasn’t 70anything at that stage.

I want it to be part of this years plan- gonna see how things shake out

5. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Yes sir. I've been shopping forever. I wished I had made the jump back when (kicking self now), but these things, even used have priced themselves out of where I would even think about entering it now. If I remember right, that same trailer just a few years ago, if I still have that old Truck Paper copy, was about $47,000, brand spanking new, so that's quite a bit of inflation/markup in my opinion, and out of my range if I still had the money now. :(

6. booley

booley Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2008
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    2023? If I'm lucky I'll have more of the same from last year. Things didn't go great but I figured just surviving a year like that with no additional debt and everyone healthy was a victory.
    We pared the company back a little and things will be easier to keep track of. We're bidding a lot of government work and drawing away from the private sector as much as possible.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.