Big Rig World

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Smellfunny, May 15, 2023.

1. Smellfunny

Smellfunny Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Making a new post. Put the wrong name in the subject line.

Last edited: May 15, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    I've ordered lots of parts from them. Always fast fulfillment, always the part and brand ordered.

That said, talk to your local parts guy. You should be able to them to match or beat big rig worlds price if you can wait for a stocking order. Shipping on rims is killer.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    It says free shipping. My local parts place wants 344.00 a piece for them, Big Rig is 260.00 each with center caps.

Thanks for the response.

5. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Actually the name of the place is Buy Truck Wheels .com Not sure how I got that first name in there.

6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The Big Rig World I know of is a Kenworth Dealer in Hubbard Ohio Bought my seats there last summer. What a deal. I negotiated an extra $50 off by offering to buy a set instead of just one. I was buying a set regardless, They were easy to deal with. Paid $850 each for Pinnacle seats. In stock. A lot of whats advertised on line isn’t in stock. They must do direct shipping from suppliers to you. Most everything is priced less than others. They’ll also install anything you buy in their shop. Great experience with them. Today at Freightliner in Ocala Fl. Same seat is over $1300. Lot of deals right now. at Ocala. Alternators, Alliance brand DD water pumps, Alliance brand DD flywheels $300. great prices. I’ve been trying to find bulk braided steel fuel line, to make my own. My Freightliner Dealer quoted me $158 for a 5 ft fuel line. 6 week back order. Never had a problem in the past, the few times I’ve had to replace them. I’ve been to Freightliner Baton Rouge, Napa, even the Parker store. No one knows anything. No one willing take a minute to help. Admittedly, I don’t know the name or sizes. Just know it’s the black steel braided rubber hose used on millions of Trucks for decades for original factory fuel and brake lines. Deer in the headlights is all I got. Ocala hooked me up. Guy takes me in the back, yep that’s the stuff alright. It’s called Stratoflex comes in 3 sizes #6, # 8, and #10. Gives me a sample of each. I match it to what’s on my Truck. Measure the lengths needed. Buy 9 ft. #6, and 7 ft. # 10. Average $8 per ft. Total $127 enough for all new fuel lines from shutoff valve on tank thru primary, fuel pump, secondary thru the head. and return back to valve. I already replaced the ones from valve to tanks a couple years ago with super duper custom made space age technology lines from Pirtek. What a rip off that was. Today I got a good deal. Looks like my front brake lines are #8. Made notes for future reference. I can make both front lines myself for $20. I make them a coupe inches longer, and have my wheel wells cut out, to avoid chafing. Have the stops backed off to increase turning radius. Longer line keeps the tension off the ends where they always fail. Also got 2 new Donelson air filters. $80, each. That’s a decent deal nowadays. Ocala saved the day. Not the first time. As I was putting a new pigtail on my a/c pressure switch, a Mechanic tells me the Service Manager said to close my hood, or be towed out. Lol. Whatever. Have a nice day.

Smellfunny Thanks this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Same on the seats. Finally had a chance to p/u myself. Hard to justify paying $100 + shipping when I Own a Trucking Company. Lol.

8. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s OK, Big Rig deserves a shout out. Gotta appreciate any helpful folks these days. Getting harder to find.

Smellfunny Thanks this.
  9. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I purchased from them several time . A+ all the time

Smellfunny and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Yeah no where wants to help people any more. I don't kill people with pricing either. I can usually buy filters and resell them and make money for less than the people sell them to regular folks from the same place I get them. When I worked in retail if I had a customer that wanted something and we did not have it I always said "but we can get it". These days at most places you can't even get acknowledged by a simple Hi or Hello. Sad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.