Big sleeper

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by BGatot, Mar 8, 2008.

1. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    I would love to travel in one of those we would probably never see home again

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

I'd say if you were able to use one they would be heaven.

4. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    I would not care how big it is as long as it had a shower & a nice bed that would be heaven

5. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Actually, this may be the point. If you have one of these, why the heck would you need an apartment or house? Figure 1000 for rent/mortgage ((oh, man, I WISH!!)) and it's paid for in 5 years. Figure in other eliminated expenses (hotels, showers), and it may shave off a few months from that.

(I'm figuring the utilities and the APU costs will be a wash)

I've seen a fair number of these (pardon the pun) used by carnies hauling their rides and families around. Makes a hole lot of sense to me if you haul light loads and don't need a babysitter

6. BGatot

BGatot Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Minneapolis MN
    I suppose if it eliminates rent/house payments, it will get paid off pretty quickly! :biggrin_2559: It may seem expensive for a truck accessories, but dirt cheap for a house/apartment!

7. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    Oh hell no. I absolutely will not get a room if I have a sleeper. That's just stupid. As long as I have a bed I'm cool. My last company would even pay a hotel once a week when I was out and in 7 years I never did. We had other guys who would not do an overnight unless they got a hotel room.

However if I sat i a hotel I'm not stying in some roach hotel if I can hel it. Unfortunatly $100 a night isn't a nice hotel, that just a decent Best Western these days. I have had my share of $400 and $500 a ight hotels though. When I relax, I really relax!!! lol

8. GrumpyDad

GrumpyDad Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Remember this is just one mans opinion, if you pay $400 to $500 a night for a room you got more dollars than sense. There is only so much relaxin you can do in ANY room regardless of the cost!! Also if you can afford to pay that much for a room you should'nt be driving a truck for a livin. I'm sorry I just can't agree with that. $100 a night is'nt that bad for a descent room. I think somebody needs to come back to reality and get their head out of the clouds. :biggrin_25510:

9. Muleskinner

I've spent a LOT of nights in nice , clean motels in decent neighborhoods for $50-$70 bucks a night.No roaches,no recreational reptiles and most had security cameras (I always carry a lot of tools,I check with the desk for cams that RECORD ).As for the big sleepers,If a guy could hook up where the weight wouldn't be a problem I think they would be cool as could be.I couldn't relax knowing I'd just blown $400-$500 hundred bucks to sleep one night cause I'd be thinking of what all else that dinero would buy.lol...I'm cheap.

10. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    There is a guy running a black W-9 with a 100 some odd inch ARI pulling a 48ft stainless & black reefer around here. I haven't had the chance to catch up with him yet but i will soon. I just want to know what he can haul in the ice box and still make $$$. Now there is a white peterbilt running around here with a similar sleeper setup but he's pulling a single pup reefer. If you get into hazmat stuff where you can only haul a few drums at a time or medical wastes... the big sleeper could work out too.

11. Muleskinner

I don't know this for sure but I was talking to a dude the other day about this thread and he was telling me that many moons ago he was set up hauling jet engines and had a 120" sleeper and most of the operators he worked with had hiltons ranging from 96" to 120" inches.Anybody else aware of that outfit?Pete,he may be pulling a little tijuana tobacky in that pup to pay the bills:biggrin_2556:come on back..lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.