Big sleeper

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by BGatot, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

Haha he may be! I am "aquaintances" with 2 guys that got busted doing that a little while back. They decided that it would be a great idea to rent a Penske moving truck.. take it down to Mexico. Pick up a 2 ton bale of TJ's finest and bring it back. Nothin else in the box... Needless to say they didn't make it across the border. #######.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

LMAO...That sounds like some of the goonbobs I would know around here too except the greedy guts would wanna fill the rest of the box with illegal"meskins" to REALLY make the trip pay.lol.I hope those "aquaintances" get to do their time north of the line or if the have to spend it south that they are as tough as hell.I've always heard those TJ jails make you fight for every scrap of food you get and the only thing you get for free is a lot of boyfriends and lice.lol:biggrin_2551:

4. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

Weird thing is.. they were home 2 days later. I guess thats what you get when you have tons of $$$ laying around. The one I talked to said they were just bored. Court date now pending here in the states, so if they do serve time it will be here somewhere. Which I'm sure they will. :biggrin_2559:

5. Muleskinner

Man thats crazy.....If that was me I'd still be trying to get the 6 d cell maglite out of my ### that the Federale's had kicked up there while searching for another "hidden" o z .LOL....Wonder if Penske gave 'em back their "sup posit" for the truck being filled with fuel:biggrin_25525:

6. Muleskinner

BTW Pete,I loves the spam pic you got up....That was my avatar when I used to hang out in the yahoo fight rooms years ago.Man I miss those rooms sometimes.lol.Spam,colby cheese and a flour tortilla mmmmmmmmgood cracker!

7. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    I think someone down there still has the Penske van... they were bussed home.

I remember when all that yahoo stuff first started blowing up. I also remember when myspace very first started blowing up and it was a internet sex hookup free for all. Talk about good times my man... GOOD TIMES.... :biggrin_255: Hahahahaha!

8. Muleskinner

LOL..ahhh the good times.It all seems to pass to quick don't it.It's like on here ...the big company drivers all talking crap about the Rooster Cruisers and we really can't fight back to much without getting in trouble but man if we had them in those old yahoo fight rooms we could really tell em the truth then..lol.It seems like so few on here even have a clue about doing this stuff as a way of life versus a job...Hell,you can go to work anywhere but where else but trucking can you go to work straddling 500+ hp of chrome and lights that will punch a hole in the wind and a big mouth radio to boot?Thats living,not just making a living.If I'm fueling at night and walk away from the truck to pay and don't look back at it at least three times to admire it and grin like an idiot, I won't drive it.And I mean it.I'll work doing something else first cause theres more money elsewhere anyway. I guess its just the way your born,I don't know. Be safe

Grubby Thanks this.
  9. keelady

keelady Light Load Member

We've been looking at those big sleepers for awhile now. We see tons of them on the road -- especially out west. It used to be just the bed buggers and enclosed car haulers who drove them, but we're seeing more and more reefers and dry box. Checked into them and the cost to lease one is about the same as we're paying on our 2007 Coronado. They are nice inside and since we gave up our apartment when I went on the road, it would be nice to have somewhere to stretch out besides the bunk -- and the dog would just love being able to run around when he's acting a fool LOL!. Right now we're looking into financing through a bank and if that goes through, we are going to one of those air freight companies. The air freight company doesn't lease trucks, but this bank has financed quite a few of their drivers' trucks so they're familiar with them and how much you can make driving with them. They have lots of those since most of their downtime is at the airport -- not the truck stop. Our company is having trouble getting us the miles to make the money we want, so hopefully this will go through so we can get our finances improved. Keep your fingers crossed that we can do this, and also, any advice that would improve our chances of getting the financing would be greatly appreciated -- divorces can really mess up your credit.

10. Muleskinner

You're not just blowing smoke on the divorce thang.My last one was 12 yrs ago and it took 3 yrs to even see daylight again.I'm not sure I understand you on the lease thing Kee.Do you mean to lease a truck w/the hilton already on it would cost you about the same as you're paying now?

11. thabeger

thabeger Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Anyone know how these affect fuel mileage? Also which companys are willing to hire a truck with such a long wheelbase?????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.