Big sleeper

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by BGatot, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

If you can catch GrumpyDad on here I'm sure he has all that info for you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

That way of life is too far gone now I am afraid my friend. I think there will still be a few good chicken trucks on the road, but not as much. Its sad really. Maybe one of these days after the goverment screws everything so bad it has to change things for the better, we'll be able to do it all over again.

I know EXACTLY what your talkin about... I even used to catch myself staring out the window at my truck for what ends up being a hour or so... then I'll get up and go outside.. light up a smoke and walk around it checking all the small things. Picking rocks out of the tires with my pocket knife, spot shining the chrome. Thinking about all the good times we've had together... Next thing I know I'm sitting in the seat on the phone looking for a load.... :yes2557: This has been the only job that I've ever looked foreward to getting up and going to. I wish I never handed over the slip and keys to that truck. I didn't even need the money at the time. Worst of all.. a family member owns it now and I get to see it all the time.

Maybe.. just maybe one of these days.. I'll do it again.

4. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

That has to really suck one for you to see it all the time...I hear about mine almost daily but thats cool,all I gotta do is get healed up and I'll trade for it right back.

5. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    With water weighing about 8 lbs per gallon how many gallons do you guys think you could haul in that truck for a shower? What do you do with the water after you use it? Do you have to put a water heater in as well to keep a fresh supply of hot water? Sure doesnt sound very smart to me to have a shower in a big truck. Talk about mold issues and sickness as well as finding places to dump the used water and refill the tanks with new fresh water. Same goes for the toilet. Talk about a stench that just keeps following you! Nah I will get my restroom breaks and showers outside of the truck thankyou.

6. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

Its about like a motor home. Can be done. haven't heard of any mold problems from them and I imagine you could drain the septic system at the same places that they can.

7. sweezly1

sweezly1 Medium Load Member

Mar 24, 2008
    ohio
    the shower water usually empties straight out to the ground. we wipe our shower down after use and never have mold trouble. put toilet chemicals in toilet and it does not smell. water is very easy to get, we get ours at fuel stops and rest areas. we have a water heater, but the truck motor heats the water for the shower and sink, if we sit along time , then we use our water heater. we love our big sleeper and would never want to go back to a smaller sleeper.

8. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Wow I bet the epa loves that! Just dump the used water on the ground after you used your soaps and shampoos? Not sure how healthy that is for the environment but what the heck we don't live there anyway. I really hoped you would have said you use dump tanks at rv stations as opposed to dumping it on the ground.

As for filling up your water tanks at the diesel island of a truckstop be very careful. Most of that water is unsafe to drink and if its unsafe to drink I sure wouldn't be bathing in it.

9. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

Most storm drains go to the rivers... alot worse stuff than shampoo and soaps go down those. Also.. there are still some communities that pump sewage into rivers. Hell that soap and shampoo is probably doing the enviroment some good.

10. GrumpyDad

GrumpyDad Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Pete379, If nothing else it will make it smell a little better anyway. lol :biggrin_25519:

11. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    Thats no joke...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.