Big sleeper

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by BGatot, Mar 8, 2008.

1. HIDIVE

HIDIVE Light Load Member

May 15, 2008
    McCoy, Va
    I haven't read all the posts on this subject, but we have an 86' T-600 with a 100'' Star Class, Kabota 7.5 gen and roof AC. The truck and T/C Eagle combo trailer weigh just shy of 35,000. I haul steel mostly on the east coast and rarely have a weight issue. As far as getting around, the longer wheel base is easier to turn than the 94' Volvo we use to have. As far as cost, purchase was 1/4 of what I gave for the Volvo. It's all a matter of what you want, and hard you're willing to work to make it work.:biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. peneumbra

peneumbra Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2008
    scottsdale, AZ
    They're very nice to run, and they provide you with at least a sense of privacy, specially if you travel with your female co-conspirator.

They do have issues, the main one (to me, anyway) is that, like a motorhome, there are a lot of Systems: plumbing, household electrical, appliances... You can pick up used rigs fairly inexpensively these day (compared to 140K for a new Pete or Star), and one of the best places to look is shelbyelliott.com, a used truck dealer who specializes in very large cars.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.