Biggest frustrations/likes?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by turpentyne, Mar 15, 2023.

1. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    The last few years people have just lost their minds, absolutely no consideration or respect for anyone but themselves.

Yes, you are the only one to look out for #1, but plenty will screw you over just out of ignorance or laziness. I dont like people in general, theyre usually A holes, but be polite and understanding, but be an A hole to me for no reason and you wont like what happens.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    People are still nice and kind. One just needs to see them when not in defense mode that most of us are in when interacting

4. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I believe the OP was talking about trucking. The money I make which I like, but the fun side of trucking has worn off. Of course there are things I like when I'm not working

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  5. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I have to say I am looking forward to retirement. I started in 1988, I got my class 3 license as it was called back then. When I 1st started trucking was a brotherhood, and unfortunately we can't say that any longer. And I still go out of my way to help other drivers.

MACK E-6, cuzzin it and bzinger Thank this.
  6. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Planners. For example, stupid planners sent me on an empty drop from North Dallas to South Dallas then back to DFW area to grab an empty for next load on the northeast side of Dallas which was 15 miles from my original delivery. Of course, this was in the afternoon on a Monday. This caused me to be at least 250 miles short of where I could have shut down for a reset and forces me to drive three six-hundred mile days in a row with no extra time for delivery. Tired of it. Ready to go local or regional home weekly.

7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Whiners are my biggest gripe. Either change a situation for the better, find a way to deal with it, or just get the hell on down the road and find something new.
    Whining just irritates people.

TripleSix, NH Guy and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Iron sharpens iron, and I’m to the point now myself that I only respect or even acknowledge quality hands who at least attempt to put forth an honest day’s work. Anybody else need not ever speak to me.

If you’re a clockmilker, keep it moving. If you’re one of these dumbphone zombies whose life entirely revolves around your face being glued to a screen whether you’re sitting or walking, keep it moving. If like @REO6205 pointed out you whine about having to work for a change after getting the trucking equivalent of your ### powdered for an eternity, keep it moving.

88 Alpha, REO6205 and NH Guy Thank this.
  9. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    Clock milkers are i big trigger for me. Ive left otherwise good jobs because i couldnt stand management covering for the lazy SOBs when i ended up picking up all the slack.

10. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Dislike-Drivers who race me down the hill,and won’t let me pass.
    Like-The ability to not flip them off when I do.

11. Harryjr71

Harryjr71 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Biggest frustration is being lied to likes( being left alone to do what we do)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.