Biggest issues with Truck Stops?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by TylerHarris96, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Maybe they use the toilet with the door closed...cuz you're looking? :rolleyes: Can't see how walking out to the back 40 is easier or quicker. Drivers don't seem to be able to make the same walk towards the urinals...lol

tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    “Drivers” Cut to the chase, plain and simple.

shogun, Jazz1 and swervyjoe Thank this.
  4. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    Just when I started to like you...:oops:

tucker Thanks this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    :dontknow:

Sirscrapntruckalot and TIMPTE 527 Thank this.
  6. DoodleDog

DoodleDog Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2018
    So what you all are saying here is...if a clean looking, non-working girl (ie, NOT a Lot Lizard type) was to bake a huge batch of homemade cookies and show up at a truckstop, they would be a welcome gift?
    What else could a group of folks have homemade for yall that would be enjoyed? Much as it would be great to deliver a decent full meal, not sure it is practical and maybe sweets, homemade or not, arent the best choice to show appreciation. Any suggestions?
    I couldnt imagine having to eat out of a gas station or fast food all the time

heywhitnie Thanks this.
  7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    The food may well be a welcome gift to the drivers but I bet most truck stops would kick her out. Truck stop operators don't like to see truckers get anything for free.

8. DoodleDog

DoodleDog Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Truly ashame....when my X drove and he told me showers cost money at truck stops, at first, I didnt believe him. That in itself is just plain shameful.
    yall really should be treated better.

heywhitnie Thanks this.
  9. americantrucker89

americantrucker89 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Marion, IA
    Lack of decent food. It seems like every single truck stop has a Subway. Some variety would be nice

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I wouldn't trust some random person giving away food. I usually spend Christmas out on the road and as luck would have it I've been at the same TS 3 times. There was some Mormon family that would come by early in the AM leave cookies, candy, and some literature on my step. I appreciate the gesture, not so much the religious literature, but I could never eat it.

Just a note saying thanks would be great!

Do you live near a TS? 6-8 miles or so? One thing the male drivers like is to hear a female voice on the CB radio. ;) Lol, some people don't know what to to do and put their foot in their mouth, and some are just plain inbred and lewd. You can probably imagine. But if you are a chatty person, it might be interesting.

heywhitnie Thanks this.
  11. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    My food anymore I must know every ingredient that is used, even down to what kind of oil is used. I do not trust supermarkets anymore because they are selling tainted food for me. even the produce must go and wash the heck out of it. Then with the world nowadays are you going to trust that somehow you do not have the sweetest angel that you ever seen not put a banned substance in the food just because some driver (not you) pissed her off?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.