Biggest issues with Truck Stops?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by TylerHarris96, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You want a good sit and eat truckstop try the Copan in Oklahoma just south of the Kansas line on 75, they make a good steak. The Ellsworth steakhouse in Ellsworth, Kansas knows what they're doing with a slab of beef too. You gotta get off the interstate to find anywhere good it seems.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. didimau

didimau Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Mental midgets taking their 30 minute break in the fuel line or on the fuel island. And sometimes just off the scales. And in one of the trucker vlogs, a driver had a problem getting out because of another one doing his 30 minutes in front of a bunch of trucks that were also blocked in by him. His company was called. They ordered him to move or a replacement driver would be sent there to move it. Boggles the mind !

4. heywhitnie

heywhitnie Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Nasty bathrooms, moldy showers and the food is just nasty sometimes. Staff in the truck stops are usually meth heads that can’t find work, missing teeth, just unprofessional. Look, I’m a woman but I know what I got myself into being out here. I don’t expect high class but for the love of God, these billion dollar corporations need to step it up. Maybe they need to ride the roads for a few months to see what it’s like and then just maybe **** will get better.

5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Sounds like you are stopping in the bad areas of our country as it pertains to truck stops. I advise you stay out of the crackhead neighborhoods with **** travel plazas. Granted i have seen some nasty bathrooms/showers over my 28 years of driving. Waitresses for the most part are clean, well kept, and so forth. I have seem some male/female drivers that look the same as you stated in your post.

heywhitnie Thanks this.
  6. heywhitnie

Dec 2, 2018
    I’ve seen it everywhere but yes these occurrences are a lot outside of cities.

7. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    It is sad the manner of funk in some travel plazas. They want your money, but quality of the places have declined.

8. heywhitnie

Dec 2, 2018
    I know. It’s sickening.

9. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Thomas has left the building.

dwells40 and heywhitnie Thank this.
  10. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I have been hitting the Pilots. Most showers are spotless. Only had one off exit 15 in Indiana that the showers were a lacking a good cleaning.

Parking lots are mostly clean though there is usually still trash on the ditches but that is a never ending battle with the fat lazy slobs and their habits.

11. Chrontar

Chrontar Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    I googled his name and “Thomas Dam” was the guy who created the troll dolls. Clearly he was here for only one reason. Got to give him points for the name though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.