Billing direct / account receivables

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by HopeOverMope, Jan 3, 2018.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And it's a 30 day rolling window. What I mean by that is only the first 30 days matter. After that, while today's load you'll get the revenue in 30 days you are getting revenue from that load you pulled 30 days ago today.
    If you have to pay 3 drivers and you havn't closed that first window, you have not the capitol if something does happen.

jamespmack and Ruthless Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Truth. I have absolutely no desire to add trucks. I'm happy as can be dealing with just me. Most truckers are some of the most high maintenance people I've come across LOL.

jamespmack, misterG and Ruthless Thank this.
  4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

I'd love to add a driver or two; truth be told I'm rather bored of driving as often as not, and would prefer to delegate that duty. Finding that needle in a haystack is the challenge.

I give good brokers a lot of credit in that they have to trust someone to do the job correctly and represent them properly.
    The only broker I do use has tried to put me together with drivers he sees as high quality from the secondary carrier he uses aside from me. I give them phone interviews and I'm quite candid with him about why I would not hire those drivers.
    Surprising what passes for high quality in this industry imo. I suppose my "bar" is set quite a bit higher than most. I have zero tolerance for sub par service in any fashion.
    I'd rather have no one else than have the wrong person.

:(

5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I have buddies who have an extra truck. They haven't been able to even find someone who is sub-par to stay in the truck longer than a week or two.

snowman_w900, Dave_in_AZ and Ruthless Thank this.
  6. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Thanks for those tips. I looked into fresh books, looks like it's 2.9% per transaction/ payment received? Or maybe I read it wrong

7. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I use Truck Logics for invoicing and dispatching . Its trucking software but I use it mostly for invoicing . You write up invoice attach bol and email it to broker or customer . My truck is my office , amazing what you can do with a laptop,phone and all in one printer.

Dave_in_AZ and TallJoe Thank this.
  8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    No way, not just for the invoicing software.

Perhaps they offer a factoring option. That's a separate deal. One that I don't use at any rate.

Dave_in_AZ and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    If you think about it, you could just do everything, including invoicing, all that from the very smartphone, without having to print anything.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    It is amazing how it has changed over the years. Especially thinking back to having to wait your turn to use a pay phone outside in the rain.

Just keeping up with the changes, and latest technology is my challenge now!!

Dave_in_AZ, TallJoe and Ruthless Thank this.
  11. wrongwaytommy

wrongwaytommy Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    nc
    I use IT Dispatch for my invoicing and keeping up with stuff.75 a month
    I also send in some invoices directly to a few chosen brokers who pay me in 48 hours for a fee under 2 1/2 %
    I use a factoring com for 2.9 % on others.I can run a credit check on someone using their website.I let them worry about collections.
    But when I send in invoices and paperwork to my factoring co,i also send the broker a copy.That keep the factoring co and brokers honest.
    No more of this "I didn`t get a invoice" crap

I used to not deal with a factoring co but I learned most brokers don`t care when we get paid.I almost went broke.
    bottom line,they can owe us a million bucks,but if we can`t get it,we`re out of business,got to keep the cash flow going at all times

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.