black and decker

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by rickstephens, Jul 12, 2014.

1. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    Yeah but that cooler doesn't keep 10 to 20 TV dinners dozen like my big black and decker 2 door fridge and freezer combo does

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. purpleprime

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    or frozen lol

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I didn't know B&D started making fridges. They were known for years for making cheap crap. They are getting better though. I would think refrigeration isn't their expertise yet. I bought one of their drills at Walmart because I didn't want to spend a whole bunch of money. I was surprised how much the quality improved.

Emerson from Target is your best bet for a fridge. Over 7 years and still ticking. Holds 10 TV dinners in the 3.1 cu ft model.

If you have your fridge in the fridge covey hole, pad the bottom and strap it down hard with a black bungee will help take out some of the vibration.

5. purpleprime

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    Mine wouldn't fit the cubby so I took the cabinet out

6. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    I have had mine for 2 years now. I took a piece of styrofoam 2 1/2 inches thick , and the same dimensions as the bottom of the fridge and have it setting on that. No problems with it so far

7. rickstephens

rickstephens Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Thanks everyone I've taken the seat out installed two L brackets sat the fridge on two 18 inch 2by 4 and used a tie down over the fridge will c if that cuts down on the vibration

8. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    It is best if you just replace the bed in your sleeper with a king size waterbed. Mount the refrigerator on one of the ends of the bed so that you still have plenty of room to lay down and sleep. The waterbed will help eliminate all the road vibration so that your refrigerator will last for years and years!

Ok, before any one takes the above seriously, it was a joke! :)

Seriously, you can buy a decent small refrigerator from Amazon for $150. You may have to replace it once a year, but it still may be cheaper in the long run then buying one of the high quality portable units, such as those made by a foreign company named Dometic for $500+, depending on the size. I have a Dometic CF110 that I have used on the truck, as well as on camping trips or long family road trips. They are very nice, but not cheap, as they run about $750+. Nice to have if you live in an area close to the ocean and ever need to evacuate for a hurricane.

9. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I had the same problem with the rattling since I do lots off road. Not sure how to describe the stuff but I took some thick foam packing. The kind they use for boxing large items in a box. Broke off some smaller pieces and stuffed it around the device rattling in the bottom of the fridge. Worked for me til the fridge finally died.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.