1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI

Makes me jump every fricken time... first I get mad at myself for forgetting again than I laugh, cause I am so #### jumpy.

sheepDog

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. curiousperson

curiousperson Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2010
    grand rapids mi
    i remember seeing that movie and wondering that same thing you guys have really enlightened me thanks!!!

4. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    That was the LSD someone put in your drink.:biggrin_255:

5. dutty_diesel

dutty_diesel Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2010
    miami,fl

how tru my brother

6. IraqVetTX

IraqVetTX Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Can't remember Wisconsin
    I was out in BFE Utah and tired as can be. I noticed a llama on the side of the road. I got confused, slowed down so I would not hit it and sure as ##### it was a bush. I shortly after went to bed.

Every now and then I'll be at a barn somewhere in the middle of nowhere dark as can be looking for light switches and just get myself creeped out. Dang cattle or pigs making weird noises. It is easy to get weired out in those barns. One night I was at a little hog barn near Galva, IL and it was near an old chruch with a creepy cemetary. It was round 230 am I was waiting on the cafine to wear off. I saw a man walking through the cemetary. I took a second look, hit the lights and I was dreaming. I fired that ol Pete up hauled donkey out of there. I drove back up to the interstate and went to bed. Came back in the morning.

7. Bazerk Wizz Bang!

Bazerk Wizz Bang! Medium Load Member

Shadow people is what these images are called out on the street. After tweeking for a while you begin to see all kinds of false shadows some very real but always in a silhouette kind of shadow form always just a vague image. The longer you tweek and stay up the more real they get, and the longer they stay when you look at them. After tweeking for a few days without sleep you begin to hear sounds and voices. Nothing psycho just some ones voice you know saying hi to you, or music that isnt playing ets. Until I drove truck I always figured those were a product of the drug. But its indeed a product of sleep deprivation not the drugs. Same thing going past 24hrs driving without sleep, 24 hrs seems to be my magic number. Then bushes on the side of the road turn into animals or people. After about a day and a half with zero sleep I no longer need bushes or rocks these shadow images will appear without needing a physical object to project themselves on. And it will often take a few seconds of staring at them before they disappear. Going on about 2 days then come the sounds, a song playing which is very real when the radio is off, or a familiar voice saying something to me which scares the hell out of me. As soon as I start to hear phantom sounds and start having seconds of blackness where i almost panic trying to get my eyes open that I realize things are just to "F"ed up, I need to shut er down reguardless and pass out. I dont use drugs anymore, but the effects of that one aspect, sleep deprivation are virtually identical.

Above is just from my personal experiences. I found this post below on the internet wiki. Its simular but I think wiki is also lacking.

Hypnagogia, also known as "waking-sleep", a physiological condition in which a person is part-way between sleeping and waking, can also account for such perceptions.[4] During hypnagogia, a person can be conscious and aware of their environment, but also in a dream-like state where they can perceive images from their subconscious. People experiencing waking-sleep commonly report the sensation of lights or shadows moving around them, as well as other visual hallucinations. A feeling of dread is also a sensation that occurs when experiencing hypnagogia. Hypnagogia is sometimes known as 'the faces in the dark phenomenon' because those who experience this state commonly report seeing faces while experiencing waking-sleep.[5] Similar hypotheses have been put forward linking this condition to a number of other apparent paranormal experiences, including alien abductions, paranormal nocturnal visitations, and religious experiences such as contact with angels or demons.

8. CMTrucking

CMTrucking Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Kamloops, BC
    Good post. Sleep depravation is no laughing matter, it can definitely get spooky. I made myself suffer through it for a few years chasing the almighty dollar and looking back now it was the worst years of my life, I never want to go through that hell again. The feeling of absolute dread just trying to keep your sanity and consciousness, posing a huge risk to yourself and everyone else. Waking up knowing you're going to be doing it all over again. I never did drugs, just cigarettes and coffee but I sure had some whacked out experiences. I aged incredibly fast during that time and my health still hasn't recovered either. Having been through it I sure would do things differently if I had the chance to do it over.

9. tipperyterror

tipperyterror Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Seneca,Pa
    The owner is a complete a##hole. I had to run his routes or he would not pay for the tolls. So one time I did and ran the truck out of fuel 1/2 mile from the truck stop in Milldale,Ct. Police called a tow truck and he is saying I did and wants me to pay for the tow bill.:biggrin_25510:

10. celadontrucking

celadontrucking Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Indianapolis Indiana
    i saw the movie and it was great, but over all my years of being a fleet mgr i have never had a driver tell me he had seen "The Black Dog " I did have one owner operator (very young) was hauling a load of ice cream from Indy to salem west virgina and he was going down a winding mountain road and as he was topping a mountain he came upon a sharp curve he just drove straight through the curve and over the mountain. he rolled his mack sleeper over 10 times. and the cab was totally destroyed. the trooper who responded to the accident said the only thing that saved the drivers life was he had his seat belt on. when the trooper asked the driver what happened, the driver rersponded " i saw this huge black moose " trooper says you saw what ? driver told the officer, there was this huge black moose in the middle of the road. when driver called me from the hospital he said he fell asleep and he woke just as he was going through the curve he swore he saw this moose

11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    So yeah, I'm not going to read this thread. I'm watching this crappy movie right now and I can't help but to think that this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And lets put that in perspective, I've got Netflix and I'll watch anything with Zombies in it and this is so much worse. I mean really, who directed this, who wrote this, and why in the hell did it get released in theaters?

Oh well, this is almost over. Now that I think about it, that movie where Lindsay Lohan plays a stripper and her own twin sister and gets a leg cut off or something was worse. So it's only the second worst movie I've ever seen.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.