1. mrtrdrvr

mrtrdrvr Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Indian River ,MI
    No black dog but shortly after I started trucking 25 yrs ago I did see a low overpass which wasn't there. I locked the brakes down and tossed my brother (who was also my co-driver) onto the doghouse.
    I finally realized it was the sun visor that I had in my fatigued brain thought was the low bridge.:biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. northstar874

northstar874 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Canton, MI
    I've seen many things when driving tired and at night. Once I thought I saw people in the road, but when I cleared my eyes, there was really no-one there. I've seen animals, over-passes, and sometimes the center line moving around. It's all a sign that you are way too tired to be driving. I don't drive when I'm tired anymore, it's really not worth it.

4. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    yes i see overpasses that are not there all the time thats when i know its time to stop and rest. as for the black dog i see one everyday. i have a 6mo old black lab thats my co pilot, best friend and security system he he he..........................

5. ann2009

ann2009 Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2009
    USA
    so that really is true then?Is it kind of like the movie Black Dog with patrick swayze in it?I have heard stories about it so i always wondered how true it was.

6. Scuby

Scuby Heavy Load Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Sort of. The brain and body will do strange things when they are really tired. I have read in a report there isn't much difference in reaction times from being drunk or tired.

7. DeaconScott

DeaconScott Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Senoia, GA
    mrtrdrvr: Love that truck. I would love to have two just like it. Scott

mrtrdrvr Thanks this.
  8. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    I've seen thing's that weren't there before but not a black dog. More like black spot's running across the road way up in front of you. It takes extreme fatigue before you start getting to this point though.

9. truckin cowboy

truckin cowboy Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Oklahoma
    never seen the black dog but i did see a black horse standing in my lane about 2 oclock one morning

10. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

I am no longer driving due to a Medical condition. However when I did drive I was a hard runner. I saw #### that was not there and would then grab a 15 min nap and keep going. Sorry but when you have 45 hours to get in from Salinas CA to St Louis and I made it with 30 mins to spare some how. Or how about having a Team one of their members have a Heart Attack in El Paso and your the driver having to repower another teams load going to Winter Haven FL and only had 34 hours left on the Dispatch. BTW both runs were Wal-Mart and you know if your late there GOD HELP YOUR BUTT about getting rescheded in.

11. photolurp2

photolurp2 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Georgia
    You can sure as hell live in that rig. Do you have any photos of the inside? That is awesome. By the way, how long of a trailer can you haul?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.