Black Smoke Matters

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Jan 3, 2019.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    And whose fault is that?

Plus there are other issues that are being brought up as well.

Moving Forward Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    OOIDA's failed arguments was the final nail. You can also blame outlaws running however many hours they wanted and making no secret of it.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Stating that drivers hurt were not following hour of service did more harm then any good you thought it going to do .

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    What word? That running illegal and tired hopped up on pills is the most important thing in the industry?
    Because fighting eld's is exactly that.

If they were fighting hos issues that's a word we could get behind. Simply fighting a more accurate way to track hos is counterproductive.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Yep. Once again the worst possible driver(s) appointment themselves spokesperson of a “movement” and only serve to solidify whatever they’re speaking out against. This seems like an owner op group uninterested in bringing in company drivers or carrier “bosses” to support their efforts.

The group’s name is working against them, too.

:biggrin_25523:

roshea Thanks this.
  7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Been reading online lately that in Indiana the truckers are trying to gather enough troops for "Operation Booth Blocker" protesting the Indiana toll roads increase...

cybill234 and bzinger Thank this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    My point exactly.
    As I said before there are more issues being brought up than just the ELD mandate.
    Like I said-we are own worst enemy because we let it happen. If we don’t “get our house in order” somebody else is going to do it for us(the government)-and we’re not going to like the results.

Blue jeans, Badmon, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

300 million people in the US, 2 million are truck drivers. I guarantee sombody cares about us. Stop looking to be the victim and be grateful there are people looking to fight the ######## we gotta put up with.

10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what i bolded and underlined from you..

so then, what you are saying is, that you will be willing to let others fight for YOU, while you sit back and watch..????

you would have been one of the first to sign up, admit it....

but your ""excuse" would be they A-Typical excuse so many give...

"i ain't got that time, i'll let someone else do it"....

2 million CDL drivers....not even a drop in the bucket, given the ENTIRE USA population of licensed drivers.

the time to have put up any sort of fight, was decades ago...did anyone do it back then...??

no, right...??

every driver gripes about something, and never does anything about it, and as a result, we allowed all this crap to happen to us.

what those "protesters" will be doing, is closing the barn door after the horses ran out.

OOIDA is not really that much of an organization when we really think about it. i WAS a member, and for about maybe 6 years, then i dropped them, as i could "see" i was wasting my time AND MONEY for my yearly dues.

in the end driver, the GENERAL PUBLIC could give a flip about us, what so "few" will are either family or spouses or the occasional person that needs to be a part of ANYTHING, just to get to see a picture of him or her in the paper or on tv...

this so-called "black smoke matters" group, will most certainly FADE AWAY like any previous hap-hazard organized protest.

we did this all to ourselves, by NOT BANDING together like many other truck drivers do, around the world...

we ALL HAVE a "me and me only attitude".....and NO ONE, can deny that fact.

222 million licensed drivers

Total number of licensed drivers in the U.S. - by state 2016 | Statistic

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Badmon Thanks this.
  11. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I can't even care about this. I'm to upset over federal government shutdown.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.