Blackballed by SWIFT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Spoiled Bunny, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Spoiled Bunny

Spoiled Bunny Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Copperas Cove Texas
    My driver manager told me and so did the fleet manager when I called them..They told me "safety" recommended that I be terminated because the other driver said I wouldn't let him pass me and I cussed him on the cb radio..The fleet manager also told me it was because I have 2 speeding tickets on my record,,WRONG ANSWER!!!! I have 1 ticket and it's almost a year old. That's all I have on my MVR...Then they put a block on my comdata card and I couldn't get my money off of it. When I called payroll they had to remove the block and they also informed me that the terminal manager was the one who put the block on it stating it was a LOST card.. BS!!!!!! I put my butt on the line countless times for swift and this is the thanks I get in return??? I have the right mind to turn over alot of what I know and have witnessed to the appropiate authorities...Including the issues with a few drunk driving drivers we have...I use to stay out 3 sometimes 4 months at a time without going home and I never had a failed D.O.T. inspection and I always followed the rules. I was nice to everyone and gave respect where it was due. I defended myself when I had to and I always tried to put a smile on someones' face..And as far as giving out my driver code I can't do that..I'm sorry...Swift decided to mess with my DAC report and also disrespect my emergency with my mom..Not to mention lying and falsification of documentation...I no longer have any sympathy for anyone that continues to work for a company like this..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Vick, if you actually went to the trouble to even try to straighten this out, you'd be a fine gentleman in my book. If you can wave a magic wand and justice is done in this driver's case, I'll have to send ya a bottle of wine. Talk about a rarity. The benevolent insider. I can't even really speak it, as one of those can't exist in the real world, can it?

Let me try to form those syllables...bennnnevvvvooollll.....

4. vickw

vickw Light Load Member

May 10, 2007
    Edwardsville, KS
    Tip, I do try. If its wrong, it needs to be corrected. That is one reason. The other is, I dont think we have the full story. A little more just came out with the last post. I have a feeling the iceburg is deeper then it appears. So I am offering the chance to fix it. If it is as bad as stated, then it really cant get worse, and with my help if its incorrect, then it can be fixed pretty easily. On the other hand, I offered help, and it was denied. Makes me wonder why, since it really cant get worse then what was stated. So either claims are overinflated, or driver was terminated with good cause and this is the get back at em section, or the claims are correct, but having all that on the record is ok with her.

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Wes,

If you can help this driver, let me know how I can send you a bottle of New Yorks finest wine. Better yet, PM me. Anyways I do think he needs to PM you and explain it out in full as I believe there is more to the story too.

Spoiled bunny, please pm Wes the whole thing with your e-mail as you are under 50 post and maybe he can help you. We are here to help. Like Wes, I believe justice can be done but only if the truth is told.

King

6. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

WANNABES.....Pay attention to the problems this driver (and thousands like him/her)has encountered with Swift!!!! It is typical and you can expect to be treated no different and if you do not read these hundreds of threads and posts and put two and two together,you deserve what you get for being stupid.BTW Vick...why not PM this driver with your office number so it can be verified as to who you REALLY are prior to this driver giving you such personal info?

7. vickw

vickw Light Load Member

May 10, 2007
    Edwardsville, KS

A driver code is not personal information that someone other then a company office employee can use. That just allows me to access the qualcom position history, messages, accident history, citations history, road reports, service failures, hard braking events etc..

She can call the Lancaster terminal and ask for the Houston terminals number. The phone operator will give it out. That will insure that she really talks to me.

Wes

8. Spoiled Bunny

Apr 3, 2008
    Copperas Cove Texas
    vickw, i can only tell you what i have been told by the people in greer,sc...that is all the information i have..i'm sorry you feel that there is more to the story but there isn't. i got a call from my step father about my mother having a hesrt attack and being rushed to the hospital and i got authorization to deadhead from houston to dallas to be by her side. monday morning everything fell apart when my dm called me. i can only tell you what i have been told that's it.and i don't have to call lancaster to get the houston number, i have it programed in my phone.

9. Spoiled Bunny

Apr 3, 2008
    Copperas Cove Texas
    thank you wes for all your help...just to let everyone know safety terminated me because of 2 road reports from a couple of angry drivers and a warning ticket for speeding in the state of IL ..i apparently have a pattern of retailiation...i hate it when i get tailgated and/or cussed at by others.. It's a company thing..I'm not a bad driver maybe I just need to not yell at people so much and learn to ignore them when they get stupid..But it doesn't change the fact that I had a family emergency and was treated very unfairly by the people I trusted the most in my terminal..wes, you are a very good person for helping me out and I so appreciate everything you are doing...I know you can't change everything and you don't know me from didley squat but in any case i thank you.:biggrin_25517:

10. vickw

vickw Light Load Member

May 10, 2007
    Edwardsville, KS
    For her privacy, I will not detail everything.

The code in our system has been updated already, so it should go out to DAC pretty quick. It was a pleasure talking with you! I understand on both sides, in regards to turning in your truck, and your mom in the hospital. Safety gives us only 3 days when they send us a termination letter to have it completed. I am betting they received it that Friday, and had to hurry on monday to meet the deadline. I think it could have been handled a little better then it was. I also feel the explanation was not fully given on the termination. So recap

1. Nothing was showing as abandoned equipment.
    2. Termination code that was used was changed to reflect more closely the reasoning.
    3. I explained the reasons more fully, and the repurcussions from a company perspective in this lawyer happy world.
    4. We did a poor job at the time of termination, on explaining the reasoning, but it was a valid termination.
    5. This does not make her a bad driver overall, and she is very pleasant to talk with. She has even helped me out once recently which I just found out about (small world, and thank you).
    6. Could have handled the truck recovery better.

Good luck with yourself, I do wish you the best. Also now that you know what companies will be looking at, I do hope you can avoid such things in the future. Hope your mother has a full and painless recovery.

Wes

11. Hilltop

Hilltop Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2008
    N.H
    Spoiled Bunny I pray that only things get better for you from you..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.