Blackballed by SWIFT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Spoiled Bunny, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I take back all the negative I ever thought about you, Wes. Not that I ever thought that much, mind you. My bone is with the company, not with any one individual.

Good job. Now how do I get you that wine?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jash369

jash369 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    roslyn,pa
    And to think I was A mile (.................................................................................................)
    from going with Swift...............:biggrin_2559:

4. Spoiled Bunny

Spoiled Bunny Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Copperas Cove Texas
    Well guys and gals, my mom is making a great recovery..Got her heart pumping good again and her diabeties under control so now it's time to look for a new company that I can fit in with. Anyone got any ideas? I do have a pet, 60 pound black lab ( big baby :biggrin_25520:not anything vicious ). I found him and his sister in a box taped up beside a dumpster in a truckstop.. They were only about 2 wks old when I found them. My sister has the girl and I have the boy because he required more attention to live. He's almost 2 now.. I have a safe driving record, no accidents and only 1 ticket that's almost a year old.. I also have a strick on-time delivery record.. I'd be very thankful for some ideas on where to look..

5. PlainTruckinCrazy

PlainTruckinCrazy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Apple Valley, Ca
    Believe it or not, Craigslist has a good listing of jobs. Find your state and city(or surrounding area), look for the jobs column and click on transportation. Look around different cities and states too as alot of the smaller trucking companies will hire out of state also. Be careful though, recruiters lurk everywhere. There is a JB Hunt turd running around the LA/Inland Empire so cal ads. Total lying hick with a maaajjooorrrrrr southern drawl...

6. Spoiled Bunny

Spoiled Bunny Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Copperas Cove Texas
    where do i find this craiglist at?

7. skoal1980

skoal1980 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Coulmbus, IN
    I hate to hear that they did but does not shock me in the least. I have so many friends who have quit swift or got fired because they are incapable of understanding that people are not robots and we do have lives and families. And as far as the DAC report goes, you would be very shocked on what company's will hire people with real bad stuff on them and no that is not always the case all the time it does happen more than people think. God bless and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Bullyboy

Bullyboy Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Sue the #######. Don't sue Swift, Sue the lowlife that entered the information that stated you abandoned the truck. It will cost him money if he has to entertain the idea of an attorney. Then see how he likes being screwed.

Most people make the mistake of trying to sue the companies. No, no no!

Go after the individuals. Thats the ticket. If Swift thinks even for a second you have a case, the guy that did this to you will be hung out to dry and Swift will let him play in the playground all by himself.

9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Craig's has a good listing of jobs, but does it have a good listing of GOOD jobs? I'd guess 'no' is the answer to that question. Craigslist as a source is like those get-rich-quick signs you see up on power posts and such. These are jobs that advertise how you can make a thousand bucks stuffing two envelopes, you just have to call the 800-number. I guess I don't have to say that if those wild claims were true, there'd be no signs posted, as there'd be no shortage of people doing those jobs.

I'd stay away from Craigslist myself. The yellow pages are much better source of GOOD jobs, assuming those jobs are even open.

One of the reasons I got out of trucking is because of my own personal catch-22. If a company is hiring, I won't apply. I will apply with only those companies that aren't hiring. Being as these outfits aren't hiring, I never get a job. I never get a job because only those outfits I won't consider will hire me....sigh.

10. PlainTruckinCrazy

PlainTruckinCrazy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Apple Valley, Ca
    Well, typical trucker forum, everyone that says anything else is wrong. Forgive me for taking the time to help another driver the best I could. I didnt see you offering up any places to look for work. Maybe since you're such an accomplished out of work trucker you can offer her a job. Why dont you actually take the time to look at the TRANSPORTATION section of job ads like I already said. While I do not dispute the B.S. get rich quick schemes, I have yet to see one posted directly in the transportation section. Maybe if you didnt fancy your "guesses" as correct, maybe some of the companies that have too many drivers to hire YOU, might reassess their opinion of you. But I can tell you right now, some blowhard know it all walks into my office wanting a job, sorry bud, last truck just got filled. Thanks for stoppin by.

Edit: Please forgive me, I was technically incorrect on something about craigslist. It's the TRANSPORT section in the jobs column, NOT transportation. I apologize

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.