BLACKLISTED

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Beaver9, Dec 6, 2021.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Same here. Next day after due date I'm calling their AP department. If they tell me it's been paid then I want a check number. Without that number, they're lying. I did MY part so I fully expect them to do theirs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    What irks me is how many times brokers get away with slow paying small carriers and it never gets reported to the credit people. And they do this to THOUSANDS of carriers every day. This is why don't put too much faith in any credit numbers DAT or ITS provide. In fact, with ITS they're frequently off by 7-15 days according to Sunbelt Finance's credit checker.

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Same. They're taking out an interest-free short term loan on the trucker's behalf, and they know exactly what they're doing.

Then you've got the people with a more legit hold up. Human error stuff. It's innocent to a degree, but in these cases there's a good chance you'll NEVER get paid, and they won't even know it. The faster you follow up, the faster these things can get rectified.

5. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    My mail hasn't come with payments!
    No payments are coming in two weeks through the mail. Got finally two payments through Triumph Pay though.
    Now, it might be holiday rush. But all payments go missing? Weird.

6. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    Why don't you do direct deposit?

Beaver9 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  7. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    How long has it been since they said they put the checks in the mail? If it's been over a week, email them and figure out what their stop payment policy is. I had to wait three weeks to stop payment on a check that never came. They stopped the payment, and reissued a new check. It came a couple days later. Then after like four months, the original check came in the mail. So they really did send it, just the Post Office messed up I guess. Had the correct post mark and everything.

BennysPennys and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  8. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    This right here. Maybe it's bad luck, but I've never actually received a single check in a reasonable amount of time. Now I don't do business with anyone that only cuts checks. I don't trust them, and I sure AF don't trust the US Mail. Too many variables.

9. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    I hate the USPS for several reasons but yes, they should not be trusted. I always get TQL checks before the due date and I deal with a couple small brokers that pay in like 5 days by check as well. Anyway, that's another little trick these brokers like to use. They think if it's post dated on the due date then it's not late. Wrong! If it's not in my mailbox by the invoice due date then it's...LATE. Using electronic forms of payment helps you actually get paid on the due date.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Legally you are wrong.
    Text - H.R.1963 - 104th Congress (1995-1996): Postmark Prompt Payment Act of 1995

Morally I'm not going to comment on. The reason for that bill was to prevent companies from simply setting the check to the side for a few days to collect late fees.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  11. 24kHotshot

24kHotshot Heavy Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    After waiting on checks for a long time and mail delays I started asking brokers to email me a pic of front/back of checks the day before they are due before they put them in the mail and then just print it out and use mobile deposit. Helped with some of the chasing around and waiting on the mail to arrive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.