BLACKLISTED

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Beaver9, Dec 6, 2021.

1. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Same here. No billing, no collecting, no worrying about it is well worth it to me. In my previous business I was always 40-70k out on outstanding invoices, and had to dedicate a job to that position.

I've dealt with it for 17 years. No more

JoeyJunk, bamanation and nikmirbre Thank this.
  4. BennysPennys

BennysPennys Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2021
    As long as you realize that it is a loan costing you over 36% APR on that money and the factor company has full recourse on that money if they don't collect from the Broker-Shipper. Even when they say it is a non-recourse loan.

Not saying never Factor just use it as a very expensive tool to help out with short term cashflow problems till you have the capital on hand to never need it.

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I don't factor but, I use to think factoring was for short term cash flow problems......now I see it as a way to get paid for sure without having to worry if your gonna get paid or not.

6. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    I respect your opinion, but I have no cash flow or savings issue. Everyone on here thinks if "you're factoring, you're broke". Not the case for everyone. I'm the one paying it, and for me it's well worth it.

I'm not mad at anyone for not factoring, and I really don't get it when someone mentions it and everyone has to post about their disdain for it.

You do you, I'll do me. For someone who doesn't mind the aggrevation dealing with collecting, I get it. I got into a truck to simplify and calm the stresses in my life, working pretty good so far.

7. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Problem, is as Bennys mentioned there is no such thing as non-recourse factoring unless your customer goes bankrupt. There truly is no such thing as a free lunch is those business for the Carrier.

The Truth About Non-Recourse Factoring | Commonwealth Capital, LLC

8. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    That was my next question...

9. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Personally, I think it's a better option to do a quick pay or something similar if one does not want to wait for contract terms like NET15/30/45 etc etc. It's a little cheaper with no strings attached AND you don't have another parasite in your pocket dictating how you do business.

Beaver9, BennysPennys and nikmirbre Thank this.
  10. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    You really need a simple math course. Your not taking out a loan. You sell your invoice for 3%. You don’t pay 3% a month on that invoice.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  11. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I don't see the point of factoring these days if you've got the money to cash flow it. Why let another company get first right of payment on your ####? It just seems like that's inviting pain later on of you try and rid yourself of them. I hate floating $30k as much as the next guy so I'll simply quickpay something occasionally to keep the float down. It's not hard to come across quickpay at 2% working the load boards.

Beaver9 and ProfessionalNoticer Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.