Blind Shippment

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 6wheeler, Jul 13, 2012.

1. sjmay

sjmay Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Sure it does, except....I am not a broker.

But I guess anything that doesn't involve getting pissed off and bitter at the monstrous evil brokers...sounds like a broker answer.

skateboardman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    6wheeler, the freight will only be paid from ga to ny, it wont be paid from texas. the rest is only shuffling of paperwork.

seems as if you are being concerned that the rate being paid is not being passed on to you. thats a trap many fall into, you get so concerned you are gettin screwed you lost sight of the main goal.

the fact is, you need to know what your cost of operation is, and what the minimum you yourself will haul for. that will make you successful. get that rate or better than that rate and the rest will fall into place.

you can rant and rave all you want over whether the brokers are screwing you, you just got to watch it and not screw yourself.

again the rate on a blind shipment is the same as any other, if fact leave out the word blind and its the way most shipments are done, you need to do some research on 3PL companies.

and if you know what you will haul for and get that rate, you have got a fair deal. then dont drive yourself nuts wondering if you could have got more.

now if you dont know what your minimum rate is, you are destined to drive yourself nuts.

example tommorrow i am hauling a load for 2.65 a mile to the truck, i am happy as i can be, i got a rate i can live with. i know what it costs me to operate and i can make a good profit on this. i could care less what anyone else is making on the load.

but again once you agree to the rate on a load, whether its blind cripple or crazy, be quiet and get the job done.

the time to raise hell and ask questions is BEFORE you accept the load.

try that for a few weeks and see if life dont go smoother, get more profitable and be much less stressful.

Grumman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.