Block EMF radiation from the E-Log

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bertita1986, Apr 20, 2020.

1. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Plenty of non-industry funded studies showing adverse health effects from “minute” quantities of wireless radiation. Honestly, if folks aren’t here to respond to the question asked, then they should get lost. I’m sure the OP is not interested in having a debate.

Sorry, op, I don’t know how this technology works either, but understand your concerns, especially for sleeping right next to it.

plankton Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Two points
    First
    The science is NOT settled. There are still conflicting studies. I do believe there are issues but that is only my opinion.

2nd
    YOU are not a staff member, it is NOT your place to set rules and manage conduct just as it is not mine. I suggest if you don't like what someone has written you either ignore that person or click on that report button. Either way, the tone of this post will cause problems, I suggest you cease!

4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    a good double layered aluminum foil head covering works.

tscottme, Cat sdp, flood and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Do you own a cell phone?

You ever use the cell phone next to your head?

If yes to both, then got news for you.

You are exposed to more RF radiation with your cell phone than you are with that ELD system.

By the way, you are exposed to more EMF in the cab just driving down the road.

Brettj3876 and tscottme Thank this.
  6. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    TTR: #### emissions, roll coal!

Also TTR: hey I don't like being near radio waves

Qbf594, HillbillyDeluxeTruck and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sorry op I do not know how to direct you toward your desired goal. If you find out, let me no.
    As for the science yes it is not settled. But common sense and the history of the world. Always says it's better to error on the side of caution.

plankton Thanks this.
  8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Someone already had the answer. The OP will have to get different job. They won't let you cut off the cell phone signal because someone is worried about that stuff. The systems also update truck location for IFTA road taxes they have to pay. Maybe a local job the don't use any wireless communication if you can find one.

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  9. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Worry about the stuff that will kill you RIGHT NOW.

Besides radiation, the SUN emits electromagnetic waves too. There are lots and lots and lots of things that will kill you slooooowly in this world. Whisky, women, cigarettes, those McDonald's cheeseburgers you like stuffing down your neck. You can't hide from all of them. Having (and keeping) the job that little white box is attached to will help you make that slow death more comfortable.

Home68 Thanks this.
  10. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Translation: we've already made up our minds and neither facts nor proof will change them.

SoulScream84 and ZVar Thank this.
  11. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    The amount of radiation you absorb from any cellular device drops precipitously with distance, so you’re absorbing practically nothing from that transmitter. That’s why it’s a good idea to use a Bluetooth (or even earbuds) with your cell phone instead of holding it up to your ear. And even that is relatively safe...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.