Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Moose1958, May 6, 2024.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I came across this video last night and wanted to link it here. I think there is some great information provided.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    good stuff!

4. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    I think there are interests also to sale the bloodpressure medication. When I go to the medical inspection. The messuring of the blood pressure happens mostly imidetly after sitting down and they push me to the medication. At the normal messuring all is super fine. I think for the 2 year DOT physical the blood pressure limits are reduced now also. I think it is not wanted that some people don*t take any medication.
    M.

5. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Attention Mods:

When I type 'Blood Pressure " into a search, this thread does not automatically come up. My only beef about TTR. Many lives being lost for lack of knowledge .

The part on the video about a full bladder affecting blood pressure is TRUE. Truckers should not allow themselves into being duped into taking a blood pressure test unless they have an empty bladder. Decline, even if it means an extra hour of drinking water for your urinalysis test.

kutscher Thanks this.
  6. JForce28

JForce28 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
  7. JForce28

JForce28 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    I found some good information about high blood pressure in this video.

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
  9. Blagoje

Blagoje Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    The pharmaceutical industry is the largest in the United States and they have massive interests in getting as many people to take as much of their pharmaceutical products as possible. They heavily incentivized medical providers to prescribe medications to the point to where the medical practitioners often times go out of their way to find some reason to give someone a medication even if it is entirely unnecessary. Standard practice in the medical industry nowadays and actually has been this way for several years.

kutscher Thanks this.
  10. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    It might be because I'm a mod, but I just searched the same phrase in a couple of different places here on the forum and both times, this thread came up 1st on the list.

Maybe some of the other regular members could search the same thing and let us know if they find this thread. @REO6205 @lual @Opus any of y'all want to use the search box?

25(2)+2 and silverspur Thank this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Very first on the top. Plus since you were the last person to post, it has your pretty face on it. Bonus, if you asked me

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.