blood pressure

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by tjordan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Pretzels can be good, just watch for the salt content on those. Subway has the baked lays chips and I looked at the calorie content on those...they are around i think 140 per bag which isnt too bad. Small servings I admit, but it provides that crunch that im sometimes looking for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    Something new i found you can use to lower blood pressure and that is Apple cider vinegar, the organic brand Bragg is the best to use, it not only aids in lowering blood pressure but works great to get keep heartburn and acid reflux gone. you can also take fish oil caplets as well as vitamin c to help lower blood pressure, apple cider vinegar really does work 2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of water 3 times a day works great.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  4. Poconorob

Poconorob Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Poconos, PA
    My big downfall has always been mountain dew!! I tried just switching over to water and couldnt do it!! Then I realized it wasnt the taste I craved it was the carbonization! I went to the local grocery store and picked up a few dozen 1 liter bottles of house brand sparkling waters in various flavors...at first I couldnt even taste em...now the are like mountain dew to me! And no calories or sodium. You are right, just cutting out soda is half the battle!!

5. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

I think you are right about carbonation...I heard something recently about how that satisfies some sort of craving we have.

Wal Mart has some great tasting charged waters as well in one liter bottles and they have lots of flavor in em. I like the wild cherry.

6. plateglass

plateglass Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2010
    PA
    Pure poison. Look up bromine poisoning... No soda here and I'm 5'8 @167 and still running at 128/92 sometimes and worse. I see it dip to 100/70 after a workout sometimes too. I want to get my CDL, but feel like I've already been rubber stamped "reject". I hate this over regulated world of bean counting fools. At least death gets the bean counters too... no matter how good their numbers look.

7. mgrenb1

mgrenb1 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I take my meds, eat as best I can, and bought a blood pressure log off amazon that I can track it with so when it comes time for my physicals I know it will be well controled and I'm good for the road for 2 years.

8. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    If you take meds your only supposed to get a cert for 1 year.....Trust me,look it up in the handy little ol fed handbook....Lot of docs screw that part up,but if in a fatal accident,I GUARENTEE a lawyer will not.:biggrin_25511:

9. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    And depending on your blood pressure, you may be certified for only three months!

10. will22

will22 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    I had the same problem with Mt. Dew...just couldn't give it up. Mt. Dew and my blood pressure together did a number on my uric acid levels (along with few steaks!) and gave me a case of gout. I gave of Mt. Dew at that point, so I really like the idea of the sparkling waters.

However, my blood pressure was still high and I tried many things other than medication to help. My wife heard on the radio one day that vitamin D would help. So, she picked me some up and has made me take it ever since. Don't know the dosage right off hand, but I simply take two every morning and that is it. Went to the doctor two weeks before I started taking it and my BP was 160/98. About a month later, I took my daughter to the doctor and asked if he would take my BP. It was 138/87. First time my diastolic had been that low in ten years.

11. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Mine is 140/90 and have since made some changes like actually getting excercise now and giving up all soda. I used to drink a lot of diet pepsi and never realized the sodium content.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.