Blood sugar dot physical

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Drpparker95, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Hello my blood pressure is good, my bmi shouldn't be too high. I have a neck smaller than 17 inches and a waist size of 36 pants so I'm assuming a 36 waist. It has been brought to my attention that someone can fail based of blood sugar. Ive done some research and im lost. Should i just avoid sugars and carbs leading up to the physical. Im not diabetic or anything that i know of

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if you ain't a diabetic, you should have NO problem. but to "be safe" knock off the sugars at least 1 week before the DOT physical. this even means all the extra carbs like you get from bread and pasta.

4. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    So eliminate bread,rice,pasta,sugary drinks,and all other carbs. Pretty much water and vegetables and the like. Im not a diabetic that i know of but i haven't been to a doctor in a year or so

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Take it from a diabetic. You would know if you were.

U.S. Otriad Thanks this.
  6. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Is it possible to fail the blood sugar test and not be a diabetic. I already know im gonna cut out the following. Sodas,koolaids,breads,potatoes,rice,all pork and or red meat. Pretty much just vegetables and fruit and oatmeal and the like. Ill basically copy my grandmothers diet

7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Ive never heard of it happening. Your blood sugar would have to be around 200. That is high even for a diabetic.

You have a couple options, if your worried about it. Can go to walmart and get a diabetes test kit, or find one of these minute clinics in a Krogrer or pharmacy, or even your doc can test your blood sugar. Essentially, what will happen at dot test is you pee in cup. They part it out for drug test. The other part they put a stick in there and the stick will say if you have sugar in your urine or not. If you dont your good. If you do they will test your blood sugar by pricking your finger.

Stay off any sugar for a week. Including sugar in your coffe and sugary drinks and you should be fine.

One thing to keep in mind is diabetes just doesnt effect fat people, it can be inherited too.

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Why not have your personal doctor give you a check up and test your blood sugar?

9. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    How does a test kit work? My mother has pre diabetes and most of family has as one point or another. I cant afford that i dont have a doctor and no insurance. Its taking all my money to pay for class

10. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    My grandmother does a have finger prick machine that she uses daily

11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    You're a doctor as in "Dr P Parker" and you're asking truckers about sugar level in a pee test?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.