blue tooth headset

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by rollin coal, Jul 7, 2017.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    What????

Diesel Dave, IluvCATS and rollin coal Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Lol... If you have hearing loss I could see spending that kind of money. But for me I'll pass. I ended up with a plantronics headset again.

4. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    You could save a few bucks with an older model without bluetooth.

horn.jpg

mhyn, Lepton1, bigguns and 4 others Thank this.
  5. SamuraiTater

SamuraiTater Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The only reason I mentioned it is because I know there are plenty of old guys out there who know they suffer from a serious hearing loss after years of being around constant noise. What they don't know is the technology today is pretty awesome and the bluetooth capabilities are sweet, to say the least.

Getting hearing aides is a lot like getting glasses for the first time. Everybody resist it for as long as they can. When they finally relent and get their first prescription pair, they're totally amazed at how the whole world is suddenly in high definition. Then they wonder how they ever even functioned with everything so out of focus or seeing everything that way was somehow normal.

When you get your hearing back, you have that same "Oh holy #### ! This is fricken amazing !" experience.

....Now when voices from your cell phone come perfectly amplified down inside your ear......with zero road hum or background noise at all....... That is truly amazing. :D

Again, just an FYI for those that might be on the fence about hearing aides. I doubt they knew of the bluetooth capabilities. BTW, if you've got VA benefits they might not cost you a dime......

Sandman 660 Thanks this.
  6. Sandman 660

Sandman 660 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Weatherford, Texas
    I bought the LG that looks like a necklace with retractable ear buds. $100 bucks at Sam's club.

7. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    Got the blue parrot 350 very happy with it.

8. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    IMG_6224.jpg I have been amazed at the performance of this $30 Bluetooth Headset. Holds a charge. Great volume, (I'm darn near deaf) noise canceling. Wear it either left or right. Much lighter than the Blue Parrot. Lithium battery. Good range away from cellphone, I've tried it at 50'+ no problem. I have no financial interest, just passing on the info, I've had mine for about 8 months, always works.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules posting the link here. From Amazon.

"G-Cord Over-the-Head Wireless Bluetooth V4.1 Hands Free Headsets with Microphone for Drivers, Telephone operators and More" (Amazon description)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HGQNDFE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_J4nUzbTSS2QBY?tag=trllc-20

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    bigguns and heavyhaulerss Thank this.
  9. MARTIN76

MARTIN76 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2017
    I had rk400, battery died after 5 months of VERY heavy use.
    So I opened it up and ordered a new ones 10$ for 5.
    Other than that I like it.

10. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I wish that was all my hearing aides cost. I will agree with you, it is absolutely amazing how much hearing you lose over time because it is such a gradual loss. I figured the money spent is sort of insurance against a bad wreck or worse.

11. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    You guys that have the 450xt, how often do you put it on charge? I got a replacement because my brand new one stopped working less than a week after getting it. The customer service rep at VXI said they should charge around 500 times before it does what mine did.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.