blue tooth headset

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by rollin coal, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Unless it's NiCad or NiMH there shouldn't be a number of charges. Li and Li-ion are more a lifespan dependent battery. They lose capacity over time so after 2 years or so you'll have a 60-70% charge at maximum instead of 100%.

jimjam38 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma

I had always heard of the "memory" effect. I just know it charged fine then the red light stopped coming on. It went completely dead and when I plugged in cord, it got really warm where the power button is at.

4. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    I just charge it when it’s dead, so about every other day.. I’ve always done this with my blue parrots and had really good luck with em..

jimjam38 Thanks this.
  5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Mine acted up when is was 4-5 days old. It wouldn’t hold a charge. I had nothing to lose so I left if plugged in for a few days with only a short time off the charger here and there. Now it works fine. I tend to keep it plugged in more than necessary now.

6. Voorhees84

Voorhees84 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I have a blue tiger elite . Bit pricey but it's outlasted the last three cheap headsets I bought . The earmuffs are really comfortable the sound quality is unbelievable and people tell me they dont even realize I'm on a headset it's so clear .

7. Voorhees84

Voorhees84 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Get a blue tiger elite . Very comfortable to wear has one or two earmuffs and has great sound quality . Has outlasted the last three cheap headsets I've purchased . It's 90 bucks on Amazon .

8. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Will keep that one in mind. Son got this for me at Christmas. He saw my 350xt and where I had fixed the issue of the headpiece breaking with electrical tape. It kind of sucked that he have it to me I used it maybe three days and nothing. But VXI replaced it no questions asked. Told me they didn't want the old one to dispose of it. I don't know if you could replace the battery or not(and I am afraid I would break it trying to get the tiny screws out) so I guess I have an extra three muffs as well as mic socks lol.

9. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    Get the blue tiger, then after 11 months break it and send it in for a new one.

10. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    When it’s time to replace my Blue Parrot 350, I will never buy another VXI product. There quality has gone down hill. There customer service is excellent, but waiting for it sucks. I will be doing my homework and research when the time comes. Sorry Blue Parrot.

11. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    Let us know if you find a better one. I currently have two of the 350's: one that I bought, and one that was given to me by my boss (He gave every one of us one as part of our Christmas gift at our annual party). I love the sound quality and noise cancellation, and I like that it's more compact than the 450 (I don't want to feel like I'm working the drivethrough at the local fast food joint). The one complaint that I have is the range from my phone. It starts crackling at only about 15 feet. It could be a compatibility issue with my phone, because I used to be able to do my walk around with a 48' trailer and leave the phone in the cab with my cheapo $24 headset.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.