Bluetooth Headset Opinions

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by cajun, Jan 3, 2011.

1. gutwrench

gutwrench Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Orlando,Florida
    The Motor Trend Bluetooth headset model is MT-BT09 Max4x,they"ll do everything but tie your shoes a little expensive but pays off down the road.They range from 99.00 to 159.00 depending were you buy them.The next model down sold at the Pilot truck stops is the MT-BT08BK for 79.95.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    blue parrott b250-xt is amazing had mine for almost 2 years now still works great. even though I have cracked the outter shell from slamming it into the dash many times when pissed at dispatch

4. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Hubby had the pro, and he would hang it on his jake switches. Don't do that, it will rattle the thing apart, and crack the flexible housing.

That little head set is really decent, and he never had problems with the sound or noise cancellation. But for some reason, the batteries never lasted the year that the warranty was for. So we got two of them, replaced by plantronics, for free. We switched hubby to the blue parrot just a few months ago. He doesn't need the discreet thing, so we decided to try it. He likes it much better than the in ear head set. The only annoyance is the flashing light. I'm thinking of buying some black nail polish and covering that button, except for a small circle, with it, so that its not so annoying.

The good thing about plantronics is they stand behind their warranties.

5. cajun

cajun Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    USSA
    So far I like this one better than my original jawbone, the wife has reported hearing background noise. I've been doing a lot of slip seating lately since my truck is in the shop. I was in one of the other guys 379 Pete the other day going down I-16 towards Savannah,GA. If you're not familiar with that stretch of road, the right lane is in very bad shape. So I was just bouncing up and down going down the road and the seat squeaks. She could actually hear that, I had just gotten used to it and wasn't paying it any attention to it. It took me a few minutes to figure out what she was talking about, she said it sounded like someone running their fingernails down a chalkboard. I set the cruise and pumped all the air to seat it would hold so it wouldn't be bouncing up and down and she said she couldn't hear it anymore. So I guess it's very sensitive to certain noises, but as long as I have the windows up and the radio off, she seems to hear me just fine. I still haven't received the eartips I ordered yet, the bad weather we got last week has everything delayed.

6. Goinglite

Goinglite Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I own both the Blue Parrott and the Blue Tiger headsets. I did a detailed comparison of both on noise cancellation. The Blue Parrott was the clear winner.

7. kubotaorange76

kubotaorange76 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga

i second this, very small but very comfortable, good battery life noise canceling is the best

8. kubotaorange76

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga
    sounds familiar, the old kenworth i drive has a seat that squeaks a bit especially on that stretch of road. Everyone tells me they cant even tell im driving with the voyager, even with window down, unless im on a road like that where the seat is constantly squeaking.

ive had mine for over a year now, it has held up great....and i have tried to take care of it but it has seen its share of abuse due to the nature of flatbedding

9. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    Celltronix BT VR2...$120+ in truck stops or $70 on eBay...hmmmm...lol
    GREAT battery life, ability to record up to 8 minutes of personal voice messages or PHONE CONVERASATIONS!! I love mine!

10. gravelhauler

gravelhauler Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Lake Charles, La
    I have the same headset. I've been told that it's clearer than the phone itself.

11. kubotaorange76

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga
    my voyager almost made it two years but i dropped in into a toilet and it only lasted about two weeks after that...on #2 now...very satisfied

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.