Bluetooth headsets??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LArider, Nov 10, 2011.

1. GoBlue487

GoBlue487 Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2009
    MI
    Really, I will have to see if I can find the manual then. I do like to have some light to let me know if it is on or low but it is pretty bright and that #### blinking gets on your nerves.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Poverty Knob
    I have the cobra, it has worked well for me, definitly plenty of volume. When I pulled 48' flatbed I could make it all the way around the truck without loosing signal with the phone, but with a 53' van I loose signal just as a go around the back. Don't know if others are better in that regard.

4. QuietMike

QuietMike Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I lose signal at the back of the 53' trailer with blue parrot also. On the sides I'm good and if I climb inside to sweep it out I'm usually good.

5. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cornholio, OR
    Not legal to cover both ears?

The noise canceling is for the other party so they can hear YOU over the background noise.

6. Stoney

Stoney Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Az
    True, but I don't care. I use em anyways. Hell, its illegal to use a cell phone period in Cali. I still do. I can still hear the truck.

7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    My father-in-law and I use Plantronics Voyager pro headsets. Works very well when we both talk while on the road.

FWIW mine survived a dip in a cup of water. Dried it out and it works just fine. Sometimes Best Buy has them on sale for under $80.

8. hazmat439477

hazmat439477 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I have a bluetooth and it works great, as for as hurting the ear they all do to start with you just have to find one u like and get used to it sort of like breaking in a new pair of shoes. I could'nt do with out mine now.You can get one and set it to answer automatically and you never have to take your hands off the wheel.

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Press both volume buttons(high and low) quickly at the same time and the BLINKING BLUE light will go OFF.

10. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    BLUE PARROT hand's done. There WARRANTY can't be beat. I posted on a another bluetooth thread that my blue parrot wouldn't take a charge after 18 month's that I had it, way beyond the 1 year warranty. Anyway's, I called the 800 number and told them my problem and that it was beyond the warranty, THEY told me to send it back them to check it out, Well, a week later I recieved a BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT !!! NO CHARGE !!! BLUE PARROT is the only way to go.

11. jamesh1979

jamesh1979 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2011
    minneapolis,mn
    I have a lg hbs700 awsome almost to loud if you wanted it to be had a speaker go out replaced no prob without the rec even but depends onwhat you want one ear two ears etc but a cheap 20 $ one iwould skip in my opinion

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.