Bluetooth headsets??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LArider, Nov 10, 2011.

1. buddy_bill

buddy_bill Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Irvine, CA
    ...excellent thread, most appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I've used the Jawbone Icon for years. It stays in my ear very comfortably, makes very good sound - I use it to listen to music, not to talk on the phone, though it does that, too - and it is the first of many bluetooth headsets I've used that I can keep in for 10 hours without discomfort. Fact is, I get more tired of the music before I get tired of the device in my ear.

And the DOT is considering a regulation prohibiting cell phone use in service. My guess is it will happen. That one truck that killed 10-12 people in a van while making a call did it for the industry.

4. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    No....It's not.

Must use a handsfree device, I go through the scales all the time there talking on the phone...I was even on the phone last week while getting an inspection. (Got my stickers)

If it passes...Most will ignore it!

I know I will.

5. 7122894003481

7122894003481 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Anyone else laugh at the idiots walking around in public talking on their bluetooth? If you arent driving, put the #### thing away.

6. The Truckist

The Truckist Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I'll weigh in with the Blue Parrot here as well. I get comments weekly asking if I'm driving. When I tell them that I am, they comment on the clarity of the call and how they can't hear any background noise whatsoever. Then of course they ask what kind of hands-free.

I first found a source online that had apparently grabbed up all the new old stock of Blue Eagle headsets after the company went out of business. It's pretty obvious to me the Blue Parrot design is based on those popular models with some improvements, of course. I still have the old Blue Eagle...still working and charging fine...gave it to my grandson for a gaming headset for his PS3 which he prefers, by the way, over his Turtle Beach set.

7. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a Plantronics earpiece that went through my washing machine. I thought it was done, but lo and behold, it worked. I was quite surprised and actually thought about writing the company to tell them about it. Still, it started to irritate the skin on my ear due to wearing it for prolonged periods of time, so I bought a Blue Parrott headset. Great sound and noise cancelling capabilities with it. I just need to get used to wearing it as it's pretty big and a bit bulky.

8. Tricky Rick

Tricky Rick Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Northwest Mississippi
    Plantronics Voyager Pro is a very good bluetooth. Great for cars, or wearing on the go. But it only lasts about 4 hours of constant use, and it sticks in your ear opening. Blue Parrot lasts 15 hours plus, and doesn't hurt my ear. I wouldn't wear it outside the truck. People will try to order fast food from you.

9. Dominica

Dominica Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Did you find the manual, i sure cant find mine but been runnin my buns off this week, will try to look once i get to the terminal. And yes omfg i hated that light at night time i was like :biggrin_25511: is there a cop somewhere or whaaaaaaaaaaa. bad enough to have to drive in the dark but to be paranoid all the time also LOL

10. Dominica

Dominica Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2010

:biggrin_25514:
    hahahhaa i know right Transformers.....or when i'm really bored i act like the terminator :biggrin_2559:

11. billymac69

billymac69 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    I got a cheap one at walmart for $20. The thing works great with my straight talk cheap phone. I have not had a dropped call in the 1.2 years I've had it. Don't break the bank on a bluetooth thats my advice. They are small and very easy to lose. ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.