BMI and Sleep apnea?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by streetmaster, Mar 12, 2012.

1. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Everyone stops breathing for a period of time every night. Something the doctors pushing the cpap machines will not tell you. It is natural and part of the rest cycle, just as rem sleep is.

Now some people do have acute apnea and do need assistance. The scam is saying weight causes it. And trying to get the government to force everyone to be tested.

Babies die from apnea. Has nothing to do with their weight.

Breath right strips, mouth guards, help many people.

Doctors are just people too. Look at all the different hysterias over the past decades and just how often they are wrong. Yet they push their agenda beliefs down our throats litterly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Also not sleeping on your back helps as well.

4. keaster1991

keaster1991 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2012
    troutman nc
    I no from exspeirence sleep apnea is no joke . But I feal like we get punished for a problem we cannot control when found out I had the cpap it sucked had the sergury didn't work they said it was central I ask for the docs to help me the next thing I no I'm in fight to keep my liecence the hole thing not just the cdl so you started ask them how do I take of my family they sign up for disability then its a fight for that and it can take 2 years to get

5. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    So you became a guinea pig for an over blown medical issue. Just another reason to try the simple & inexpensive remedies of mouth pieces & breathrights before you give in to such invasive measures.

48Packard and TLeaHeart Thank this.
  6. keaster1991

Apr 4, 2012
    troutman nc
    If your going through this you better make dam sure you have every detail ask what happens if the surgery doesn't work

7. keaster1991

Apr 4, 2012
    troutman nc
    No matter what they tell you .askem how to pay your bills because no will help you ssd no welfare no one

8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I have yet to try a simple mouthpiece, due to the severity of my apnea. However, I have done a simple experiment on myself.

I simply moved my lower jaw forward, then back as far as I could. When moved back, I could not breathe, or at least struggled to do so. When my jaw was forward, it was vastly improved.

At some point, I'll at least try a mouthpiece, but based upon family history and seeing my own sleep study results for myself, verifying how severe my case was, I'll probably be on a machine the rest of my life.

But the jumping on the bandwagon garbage that happens so often for the sake of "safety" is just that...garbage. (Remember all the ads for "colon cleansers" in recent years?)

jdrentzjr Thanks this.
  9. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I have a ResMed S9, which requires very little power. However, I do not use the water tank, which requires additional power. However, it is still a very efficient unit that has given me no problems in the 14 months I've used it.

10. 48Packard

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Absolutely agree here.

11. keaster1991

Apr 4, 2012
    troutman nc
    Ya I tryed the breith right they work good tryed the machein couldn't were it had the surgery didn't work they wanted to send me to the male clinic in minnasota I feal the strain on my heart all the time from the lack of oxgen in my blood it sucks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.