Bobtail parking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sixela918, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    If I park to the rear that means I’m ok with another bobtail doubling up with me. Otherwise I’ll park to the center. I usually opt for the spots in the middle row where I can park to the front and another bobtail can pull up behind me and we’re not in each other’s way should one of us have to move before the other.

Bean Jr. and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CalculatedRisk

CalculatedRisk Heavy Load Member

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    Where I currently live, the Walmart at mile marker number 191 off I-95, has truck parking. But they don’t want you to park more than 10 hours and some people just abuse it by parking Bob tails and usually they pull all the way forward. The smart people who bobtail will park directly behind and not occupy a full spot.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Park where you want, you’re still a truck. Good news, you’re out here to make money not friends. Screw what others think or say, they probably ain’t happy unless they’re crying anyway.

Bean Jr. and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I can understand the frustration of needing a parking hole only to find a bobtail in them. I'm presently at a Loves in Deer Park, Tx, Se side of Houston. This is tanker central down here so there are probably 3 times as many bobtails as most stops. Myself and 4 others are parked in an area that full trucks won't fit. In the rest of the lot, at least 25% of the regular spaces have bobtails parked in them.
    Can't really blame the drivers. They have to park somewhere.

SoulScream84, CalculatedRisk and MIT Thank this.
  6. Sixela918

Sixela918 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    I agree - bobtails have to park somewhere. My point was only in reference to parking all the way back. And I also understand why someone would want to do it (next to reefer, air dryer, etc), but I just feel like it's inconsiderate. Like taking your 30 minute break at the fuel isle

CalculatedRisk Thanks this.
  7. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    I’d rather have someone take their 30 minute break at a parking spot rather than the fuel island. We all know that a 30 minute break at the fuel island can lead to congestion and angry truck drivers.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020

What kind of inconsiderate person would do that 20230207_142154.jpg

9. Sixela918

Sixela918 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was saying taking a 10hr break hidden all the way back in a full spot with a bobtail is inconsiderate. Like taking a 30 minute break at the fuel isle is inconsiderate (and several other more colorful words. That's just my opinion. I started this thread to see if anyone feels like I do. Judging by the responses, apparently it's just me.

10. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    All the bobtail parking was full one afternoon in Phoenix. I found a full size spot, I hug out until I noticed another bobtail looking for a spot. I flagged him down and determined he was leaving about 7 in the morning, I didn’t have to go until 9. So I rolled to the back of the spot and let him park in the front.

11. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    Honestly, I feel the same way as you do. There’s a reason why bobtail parking should exist at all truck stops. I’ve seen a single bobtail occupied one over at a rest area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.