Booking a load!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by FREEBRD, Apr 5, 2012.

1. FREEBRD

FREEBRD Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Lafollette tn
    And filling out the broker carrier agreement! Ya no the one that's 24 pages long has to be initalled on every fricken page
    then calling your ins. Agent to put broker as cert holder only to have the broker call u an tell u i got everything but bad news is load is gone!
    All because i got him up 75.00 more !! So between the hour it takes to do this advanced transportation brokerage finds someone to do it cheaper and screws me for the day...

I hate a gd broker...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmcclelland2004

jmcclelland2004 Light Load Member

May 22, 2011
    Modesto, Ca
    I don't know how you do business with people but I can normally have a carrier agreement filled out and sent in about 10 minutes. As far as the insurance just have your insurance company send you a blank certificate and send that to them, they can use that to get ahold of the insurance company to get themselves listed. Also I have a little folder that has a W-9, copy of authority, and all other information for them that I just send them everytime. It is more of making it more efficent on your end so you can get that rate sheet quicker.

4. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I've been running into problems over here at Landstar as well with similar situations. I'll call about a load and they tell me that they are going to "call the customer" then I find out 3 other agents have the exact same load and all at different rates. And last week I found out 1 agent was using freight quote to post loads for his firm.

I'm sticking to my agents with direct contacts and military freight.

5. Sly Fox

Sly Fox Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2009
    I use an internet fax service ($8.99/mo for up to 500 pages in/out and $0.03/pg after that). You can easily send PDF files and I have most everything saved as PDF from BOL, invoices, authority letters, W-9, references, carrier profile, etc.

Just print out the fax/email, sign/initial, rescan on my printer and away it goes. Usually in ten-fifteen minutes. My insurance carrier (Daily Underwriters) lets you request a Certificate under the broker's name online in about 2 minutes. Very efficient.

As for the 'they gave your load away'. That's not a broker I'd do business with. Every 'new broker' I've dealt with so far has held the load for me while I got them the paperwork. But, again, I wasn't looking for a load picking up in twenty minutes, either. I'm usually a day ahead when looking for loads.

Whenever you look for a load same-day, prepare to be lowballed on price unless there's a shortage of trucks in the area and the broker has to move that load today.

That's why I deliver Monday AM and don't reload until Tuesday. EVERYBODY is looking for a load on Monday. Better pay to sit for the day.

VisionLogistics, rollin coal and SHC Thank this.
  6. TheBigDiesel

TheBigDiesel Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Pacific Northwest
    I only work with two brokers. Neither one has a carrier agreement. Everything is done on a handshake.

7. Lost soul

Lost soul Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Kemp, TX
    Hey FREEBRD, I feel your pain. I have learned if we are not signed up with the broker I don't even try.
    You should try my way for a day. I am just the guy who finds the loads, books them and completes paperwork. The owner is the driver and I can't sign anything. If I need a contract signed, or anything for that matter, he has to find a fax and I have to fax it to him and wait for him to fax it back. Talk about frustrating, but he's the BOSS.

Steptank and Brendaroni Thank this.
  8. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Yeaaaaah....about that. When?

9. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Hmmmmm....Maybe in granddad's time things were done on a handshake and a beer....Anymore...You need a paper trail my friend....

blade and Brendaroni Thank this.
  10. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    One of these days.....They'll figure it all out and stop blaming you....:biggrin_25523:

11. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I seriously doubt that! But, one can hope. LSAgentOZR for forum mod 2012! :biggrin_2559:

Working Class Patriot and SHC Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.