Booking a load!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by FREEBRD, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Just be thankful you didn't go through what I have been through in the last 3 weeks....In the shop 3 times for EGR failures....

Let's see...Now that the VGT and DPF media have been replaced...Among other things.....:biggrin_25516:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FREEBRD

FREEBRD Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Lafollette tn
    Sorry to hear that! Seems, when it rains it pours... aah! i understand your frustation and can sympathize! these things come in spurts...

4. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    When what????

When am I going to pull some of them loads?? Once I get my ### out of the left coast. It's been he'll trying to get back east of the Mississippi river for more than $2.50. But I'm making my way. Uncle Sam just keeps tempting me to stay out here with these gravy loads paying $$$$$

5. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    LOL! I can't blame you.

6. Crazy D

Crazy D Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Homewood,IL
    Relax. It all comes with time. Once you get a bit of a name for yourself with some of these brokers it gets a bit easier. You don't have to fight for the rate as bad either. Of course with your bigger brokers you'll always have to fight for a rate. And as far as the carrier packets get used to it. They are a fact of life. Some are short and some are long. Just remmeber when they claim a net 30 pay, it'll be 40 days before the check is in your hand.

7. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    "Quick Pay".....Worth the 2%-5% to get paid in 7 days or less.....

8. Crazy D

Crazy D Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Homewood,IL
    Depends. Itry not to quick pay loads that are more than 2%. Especially if it is 1000 dollar load. Just not worth it to me. I keep track of course all the money I have lost due to quickpay. It builds quick! Funny when I get my statements from these places I get to pay taxes on the full monty. Well they will hate me for sure as I will be 1099 all the brokers that are taking the quick pay percentage. I mean why should i pay taxes on money that I didn't receive.

9. kw600

kw600 Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    everywhere,usa

WCP is that 5600 including fuel expenses for your driver too? Out of that 5600 you are really only left with 1500 round about correct? After paying driver and fuel? Or does driver pay out of pocket

10. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    That's for an O/O running that load....
    A 48K load running from LA-NYC would use roughly between 450-500 (@7mpg) gallons of fuel....Not including idling....I'll High-ball it....
    So I'll take the Cali rack price of $4.50/G X 500=$2250 Just to get to NYC....

That leaves $3350 left over not including tolls....

Food costs?

I always buy my own....Load enough fresh food to last at least 8 days out....I also keep a month's supply of canned and bagged food too....

I cook my own food and rarely eat out on the road....Saves a ton a of money that way....

11. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    But again....I see loads like that running between $1.20-$1.35/m.....

Who takes those rates?

Nobody here right?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.