Boondock Hygiene

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jepperd, May 5, 2020.

1. Jepperd

Jepperd Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Tip for life on the road.

Some of us have useful skills from experience in the outdoors that carry over well to our profession, like how to boondock. Maybe you're like me and you generally despise truckstops, but you still want to retain your humanity. The picture is of an easy setup for a wash in a remote location.

2 collapsible camp water buckets, washcloths, a couple of carabiners, and a length of cord. One's for washing, the other for rinsing. Hang it on your storage door. You could wash up in your rig but it makes an awful mess.

I know it's really obvious to some, but not everyone grew up hunting, fishing, and otherwise being raised right. Hope this is helpful to those who weren't.

I'm parked for the night in BFE Texas, miles from "civilization" and doing fine.

20200505_181724.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Field hygiene developed in military service carries over well also. Spent many nights and days on the road and was never "funky" climbing into the rack.

4. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    My buddy showed me these huge shower wipes from the adult diaper section at walmart. Basically extra large wipes , good for a brief cleaning when away from a shower.

5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I'd also suggest a nice portable shower. They are perfect if you leave them out in the sun for a bit to heat up. Get a nice warm to hot shower. Better for washing the hair and getting all the soap out. A good one costs less than 20.00. I think I also saw on Amazon a Shower "stall" that was like 30.00-ish. So you could be inside and not have people staring accidentally at your twigs and berries.

alds and Deere hunter Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I just need a dish, some water and a rag. Them bar towels they sell cheap does it.

Then a medical body liquid squirt soap and a hair shampoo squirt. Fill dish with water, get clean, dump, refill with water wash hair dump. Toss rag. Wait a few minutes and air dry. About 16 dollars for a pair good for a month if used regularly.

Proceed. I was taught that after a major surgery a couple years ago. Get clean right there in the bed without making a bunch of mess.

7. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Yeah, they got those huge wipes called 'Monkey butt' and even 'Lady monkey butt' that some of the truck stops carry. No need to ever shower with those.

Deere hunter Thanks this.
  8. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Remind me to not sit at the same TS counter as you. lol

LoSt_AgAiN, tscottme, alds and 4 others Thank this.
  9. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    alds Thanks this.
  11. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    I just park on the fuel island and go in and get a shower. Easy peasy. :D

Lite bug, 86scotty, tscottme and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.