Boycott TA

Discussion in 'Crete' started by 18wheel.atm, Dec 31, 2017.

Boycott TA

Poll closed Jan 7, 2018.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    These rules are put in place to drive the owner ops out, it is the same since the late 70,s , The oo,s really do the majority of the hauling cutting into the profit margin of them megas, So then the megas try to flood the market with trucks to drive down the rates, that did not work either so now they come up with new regulations to limit the oo,s . They invested in all them cookie cutter trucks, have deep pockets to buy the politicans, you know they do not want a bunch of radicals that can do the job better than them.

AZ Pete, Majestic 670 and LGarrison Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

Nov 14, 2017
    Weather has been strange, 0 degree one day, then weeks of 60,s and this is 8000 ft. elevation in the hills, that bear has always been roaming all winter long and I think it knows when I have to get rid of something. Can you sleep all winter without taking a dump. It is on edge of town with no houses or roads for 5 miles behind me, just a big mountain.

4. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I’ve just kept my parking receipts and pass the expense off as a tax write off.. I don’t mind paying at times for the certainty of a safe place to park in hard to find parking areas.. when I have too...

bzinger and pmdriver Thank this.
  5. pmdriver

Nov 14, 2017
    Are these spots guaranteed, so that when we trip plan we can know exactly where we are going with a sure spot to be had? It makes sense to me to do that in these days, you can plan your days to miss bad traffic, get in a little later than sundown and park. It is when you get to that place, paid for a spot and some bozo is parked in your reserved spot I am not going to like one bit.

6. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Yep! I reserve online in the TA app or Pilot App.. I get a email receipt; and the reserved spot is mine; anywhere between 4 pm and 3 pm the next day; but if you get there earlier; which I have many, many times: the spot is yours to have... If you get to the truckstop, day at 1 am.. and you find all the spots filled; they will go out there and kick whoever is parked in your spot out so you can get in there... I’ve had them do it several times in Bloomsbury, NJ.... Lol

bzinger and pmdriver Thank this.
  7. pmdriver

Nov 14, 2017
    Glad it is them doing the kicking out, I hate that small nuke that goes off when it does, but that makes it much easier on trip planning which some of us are pretty anal on.

8. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Lol! Absolutely, I’m a short, ole lady who sounds like a kid... even when I’m pissed, lol, I get laughed at... lol

9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    'Let me see if im following you correctly-

If you "Prebook" a spot earlier in the day-Then get to the truckstop and all pay parking spot are taken- They'll Kick someone out of a spot that ALSO paid to park in person?? Am I seeing this right?

That makes no sense- Now,If they are parked in pay parking for free-Then Boot em out

pmdriver Thanks this.
  10. pmdriver

Nov 14, 2017
    We will have to be demanding they do not go the way of airlines of overbooking, We should be able to plan our trips and stick to them plans, it takes time and effort to do all that and if you let them start slacking a little they will take a bit more. just trying to be unreasonable here.

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    They kick out the person that didn’t pay.

laaylor and stayinback Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.