Boycotting pilot

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by rlmichael09, Aug 8, 2010.

will you join me in the BOYCOTTING of PILOT??

1. *

yes

35.1%
  2. *

no

37.8%
  3. coffee only

5.4%
  4. i have to fuel there

24.3%
  1. bs64507

bs64507 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    St Joseph, MO.
    Your post makes the assumption that most of have a choice as to where we fuel. Company drivers don't have that much leaway in where we have to pick up our fuel. We don't have to give them any business other than that, but why go somewhere else to pay for a shower when you get one free for fueling there.

All this b####ing about the Pilot/Flying J merger is starting to get old. Deal with it and move on. They are just truck stops. Some place to fuel, get a shower and sleep. Doesn't matter what name is on the sign.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Ok,stopped in Midland Tx # the Pilot to meet another truck
    The driver got 75 gal and planned on getting a bath,I decided to get one as well.
    His card was charged one shower(9.00) and we both got a shower.

Guess it depends on the station?

4. ky wildcat 4ever

ky wildcat 4ever Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Somerset KY
    Team drivers get 2 for the price of 1 unless something has changed I never seen where each had to pay for there shower ...Unless they didnt have any showers on their cards

5. feduptrucker

feduptrucker Bobtail Member

May 11, 2010
    Texas
    I personally never knew I was supposed to pay for my wife to shower with me. Always just swiped the card and went to the showers. Nobody ever said anything seeing us going in or coming out together so I assumed everything was a-ok. Only time I had ever gotten two separate showers for us is if they were small showers and we both wanted the shower to ourselves.

6. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Just use the hose at the fuel pump, you know when your finished washing your truck of course.

7. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    i don't what Pilot you were at , but dude they saw you comming and it sounds like someone is dipping into the till.
    Showers are $10.00 or free with 50 gal of fuel. For team trucks, if you have one shower on your rewards card, you go to the fuel desk and tell them you need a shower for your team memeber. They swipe the card, and subtract the one shower off. No cash trades hands.

Flying j losing the drivers lounge? Hmmm not in Beloit,Ill, or Wood River,Ill, or in Ripon,Ca. They are remoelding drivers lounges, new carpet, new chairs, flat screen tv's

8. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    The only time I will use a Pilot is if.... umm.... no, scratch that. I won't use a Pilot if I can help it. Any place that espouses the "get your fuel and get lost" mentality will not get my business. Flying J was already going downhill way before the merger.

For a while, TA was my choice, now more likely to be Petro or Love's. Love's because the staff are usually friendly, and they seem to have some of the cleanest places around. Not to mention that I appear to be hooked on Hardee's burgers... betcha THAT's real healthy.

Whenever possible, I make a point of searching out the Mom and Pop stops. Sometimes their fuel is even quite a bit cheaper.

9. ky wildcat 4ever

ky wildcat 4ever Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Somerset KY
    Yes I agree with you loves and petro is the best choice for a chain truckstop and mom and pops are getting harder to find but still worth the hunt for them

10. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    I just wish they would figure out who they are. Got fuel yesterday at J in VA. Went into J in Carney's Point NJ this morning to take a shower, and they only accept the Pilot card, WTF! Then why have all those Flying J signs up?

11. universal10

universal10 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2009
    winnipeg
    dont tell them you are showering with somone else...and yes PILOTS SUCK and i NEVER go to them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.