Boyd bros for newbs.

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by 2dizzy, May 11, 2010.

1. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    Hey whiskey, haven't seen you on in awhile, just wondering how things are going? Are you still scheduled for the 2nd in Birmingham?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whiskeybent

whiskeybent Bobtail Member

May 13, 2010
    yeah man. I be there late tues. night if the grey hound don't down. LOL. I'll see you wed. morning in orientation. Look forward to it bro.

4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I drove for Boyd about 5 years ago....they weren't a bad company back then. I still have a few friends that over there and freight is jamming right now for them. They are giving out raises again and offering sign on bonuses for experienced drivers so they are trying to fill trucks again to cover the freight.
    The equipment is kept in pretty good condition and they are buying over 300 new trucks, so the are always turning the fleet over. Good luck to all of the guys headed over there and keep us posted on your experiences.

5. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    Yea, I just hope freight doesn't fall off to much after September and they start cutting back again. When I worked with them before they were paying .42 cpm. vs topping out at .39cpm currently. I know they had to cut wages and stuff to sustain so hopefully things are headed back the other way now.

I know flatbed fr8 slows between oct - feb so were only going to have about four months to get all we can. I'll be sure to make updates as much as I can but I'm gonna be running pretty hard starting out.

6. 2dizzy

2dizzy Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2010
    lebanon, ky
    does anyone know, will i be staying in the hotel or at the boyd terminal all week, i cant get ahold of recruter and i need to know wether to take my bags with me when i leave the hotel tuesday morning.

7. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    You will be at the hotel all week so you can leave your bags there until the last day of orientation.

I would recommend writing down the number to the Cincy terminal as well just in case you have any problems during your bus ride.

Good Luck!

2dizzy Thanks this.
  8. whiskeybent

whiskeybent Bobtail Member

May 13, 2010
    I seen where boyd was buying over 300 new trucks. That says loads for how well they are doing as far as fr8 goes.
    I will be rolling into the quality inn in birmingham bout 1100pm tues. night. That is assuming the grey dog don't break down.
    I look forward to meeting all the new employees and becoming a boyd employee.
    And Last but not least....... TAKE A MOMENT OF SILENCE ON THIS MEMORIAL DAY FOR ALL MY FELLOW MILITARY BROTHERS. THOSE SERVING AND THOSE THAT HAVE SERVED. HOOOORAH !!!!!!!!!

2dizzy Thanks this.
  9. 2dizzy

2dizzy Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2010
    lebanon, ky
    thnxx crazytrkdrvr.... looks like i may have over packed then, i brought he 2 weeks worth of clothes they recomended. I got a duffle, a camcorder bag for the showers and my sleeping bag. i hope that isnt to much.

well...this is it, the last day of a normal life....lol Good luk 2 you whiskey, and the other Boyd recruits, shame we couldnt meet up. Maybe down the road tho. Trukreport see u in 2 weeks, hopefully, not any sooner. :biggrin_25521:

thanx 2 all they guys for your valuable info, it really helped....a great website.

10. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    I made it to the hotel here in Birmingham and did a little walking around. There are a few eating placing like Hardees, Zaxby's, Popeyes, and a Bar-B-Q place. The lady at the front desk says that they have a driver to take you around to get something to eat if you want. If you don't mind walking then I would just walk.

The rooms aren't to bad. My wife came with me so I could bring all my gear so we got a single but I have to pay half of the bill ($23.40 a night). The other drivers are all sharing rooms and I guess once the wife leaves they will move me in with someone to.

I'm a little anxious about tomorrow. I'm just ready to get through the physical and road test part. It's all down hill from there.

Just sitting around the room right now...BORED!!!!:biggrin_25511:

11. MrCain

MrCain Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Roanoke Rapids NC
    not sure on how much you will get paid but i have never heard anything bad about them and the equipment looks good just be ready to work flatbedding is a working job but very rewarding.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.