boyd bros.

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by cavemann, Jan 2, 2011.

1. cavemann

cavemann Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    glasgow ky
    Boyd bros. Good company to drive for or bad?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cavemann

Jan 1, 2011
    glasgow ky
    Hey friends well today i turned 50 yrs old been hard on me in my mind im 20 in body im 30 in age im 50 so life is still good i guess starting a new life at 50 hope i can make it in trucking. Thanks to all my friends here for been so nice to me. Cavemann

4. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    I dont know anything about Boyd,But Happy Birthday Man!!!!!!! DRIVE ON!!:biggrin_25519:

cavemann Thanks this.
  5. Raincatcher

Raincatcher Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Following "the grey road".
    Happy birthday, youngun! :biggrin_25514: Momma told me my body warranties would start running out at 50...:biggrin_25521: some days I think she was right. Other days I feel like I'm still in my 40's. This morning...I am working on getting back to my 30's as soon as I take my meds and have one more cup of coffee. :biggrin_2559: Have a great day and celebrate!

cavemann Thanks this.
  6. cavemann

Jan 1, 2011
    glasgow ky
    Thanks for the b-day wish guys. Cavemann.

7. hytekrednek

hytekrednek Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    Boyd is a good company. Can't say much bad bout them. I do currently drive for them. If u look back on a couple other threads bout boyd, u can catch up on some things I have talked bout. U got any questions I will b happy to answer as best as I can. Just shoot.

cavemann Thanks this.
  8. cavemann

Jan 1, 2011
    glasgow ky
    Thanks hytekrednek, just looking for a good company to drive for. Dont know about the flat bed work its cold the in the winter tieing your load down and stuff fally off and killing somebody.but need a job now. Caveman

9. hytekrednek

hytekrednek Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    Yes, it is cold in the winter in the Flatbedding world. Stuff falling off? That would b a driver error. Flatbedding is a way of life. U either enjoy it or u hate it. No in between. It's hard work at times, but so every other job out there.

cavemann Thanks this.
  10. BIGPHILBROWN

BIGPHILBROWN Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2008
    BIRIMINGHAM AL
    If you can get on with Boyd, I say go for it. I have worked there twice. Matter of fact I started driving for them right out of school and trained there. I live here in Birmingham and they have a large terminal right here down the road from the Flying J. I was home every weekend. I would leave out on Monday early sometimes 3am but I was always home at the terminal dropping my trailer before dark on Friday. Not one time was I ever out over a weekend. I cant say that will be the case with you but that was my experience in 1998. My checks were always right. I never sat more that an hour or two waiting for the next load. I made money there even as a rookie. Now occasionally dispatch or someone in the office might get nasty with you but office folks can have a bad day too. But all in all I say it is a good company. Flatbed is very hard work, but if you are willing to work it is a good job. I left and went on to haul doubles with a great company where I was making more money. If I was going back out OTR I would be hitting them up again. The second time I worked there I was having some health issues and I just couldnt keep up with throwing tarps and chaining and all so I left. But I cant say anything bad about the company. But if you live is the southeast especially if you are close to one of the terminals I would say GO FOR IT.

cavemann and hytekrednek Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.