Boyd Bros

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by Pedy6Pak, May 2, 2007.

1. Travelinman

Travelinman Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010

Can you tell me what the company is like for owner operators? Their website says O/Os get paid 70% of the load. How much do they average per mile and gross per year? How many miles per week? What would hometime be for someone who lives close to Atlanta? Thx!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Rockingham, NC
    I have not been an O/O for Boyd, but i have not heard any good things about their lease or independent contract program. Yes, they do pay 70% of load. I do know that they go thru O/O like they go tru toilet paper. I have met a few Independent contractors that do or did work with Boyd and they dont or didnt like it. well, I can say the only plus side to that is Boyd uses their O/O for what long hauls they do have, but I heard it was hard for them to get freight back east from say, CO or WY. Its hard enough to get them to get a load at all from TX, OK, or KS. They want O/O to stay out for atleast 2 weeks at a time, but its not required.(so they know you are making enough to pay your overhead) Ive been told some of their steel loads pay about 2.00 a mile, but I can not confirm this. They have a drop yard there in Cartersville GA (just north of ATL.) Boyds lease/ O/O trucks have 5 digits in their trk numbers and start with a "1". and the numbers are written vertical on the truck(company trucks are 4 digits and are written horizontal) They would be able to tell you the absolute detailed truth.

Saying that, I have heard that Boyds sub company WTI is a great place for O/O. I would try WTI before Boyd if I was an O/O.

4. jjbently

jjbently Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2010
    just look out 4 all the hype and BS get it on paper! They are well known sayn 1 thing an do another

5. socogase

socogase Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Chicago, Il.
    I am strongly considering Boyd bros would like to know if they are really agood company or not ?

6. hoedown

hoedown Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2010
    worked at boyd 5 months this place sux

7. hoedown

hoedown Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2010
    this place sux

8. hoedown

hoedown Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2010
    :biggrin_25510:worked there 5 months,this place is terrible.had things stolen at a dropyard in N.C. did nothing about it,bed bugs,low miles,fleet managers are nuts,trainers are freaks,crazy old man in orientation hes a winner.the bullcrap about being home every weekend dont believe that.i coild go on all night but why.

9. THEPRIZEFIGHTER

THEPRIZEFIGHTER Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    You are one of the first people on here to trash Boyd could you elaborate on why exactly they are so bad. They guarenteed me home every weekend in writing. And they where just voted the best company to drive for as voted by drivers. So I would like some explination of why there so horrible. I am starting there in less than a week so I would like to know if I'm making a mistake. Also where did you train at.

10. hoedown

hoedown Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2010
    trained at birmingham,they will gurantee you a lot of things and not back it up.All i can say is go try it,you might have better luck than i did.This is your job dont base it on what i say.watch out for the bed bugs,try and get a fleet manager who you will not have to cuss.good luck,god bless.

11. hoedown

hoedown Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2010
    all the drivers at wti were always happy,if your a owner operator they do make good money at wti.I spoke with a lot of drivers who worked at boyd that switched to wti.peace out!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.