Boyd Intermodal

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by slapshot, Aug 12, 2012.

1. slapshot

slapshot Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    wherever I may roam
    Has any other boyd driver noticed that since the launch of the intermodals now we have problems with slow freight and directional freight? Little coincidental that everything was fine until then. Also how come almost daily the sales message from Wade says we are slow in Chicago. :biggrin_25511: Oh wait I forgot we are not supposed to know that chicago is never slow for freight.Just like we are not supposed to know that chicago is the countrys largest rail hub and every rr track in the US goes back to chicago eventually. :biggrin_25515: Did u hear our president lying his tail off on the driver update line stumbling. over his words to cover the fact that Midwest freight is now on rail:biggrin_2551: Every excuse in the book to cover their lies. I think the Boyd drivers who know like I do need to speak up. we've. worked too hard for them to take a pay cut just so they can make more money. I for one have had enough of their bs lies! Someone needs to forward this to the driver advisory board so they can approach management and get us back to consistent. miles and money!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    yeah..i see a tv ad about putting trailers on the train is going to help cut traffic and polution.

4. slapshot

slapshot Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    wherever I may roam
    Yes. A prime example of the propaganda used to sell the public and the shippers on how green it is and how it reduces the freight rate for the shipper. All ploys used to divert the attention away from the fact that even with a reduced freight rate they are increasing their profits by 25% and reducing drivers pay.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
  6. slapshot

slapshot Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    wherever I may roam
    If they want to put the excess freight on rail for high volume shippers that's fine but thats not what's happened. They launched the intermodal before they had enough new freight to replace what's going on the rail. From east chicago, in to Michigan city, in the whole lakefront is nothing but steel mills. there is no legitimate reason for a flatbed company to be slow in Chicago. Big companies just want to do away with the essential part. of their business,the driver. Look at jb hunt all intermodal now. What we need to do is start educating rookies so we can't be replaced by them since there happy with 600 a week. Out with the old in with the new. Lord forbid we can save money and retire happy after busting our hump for the company we used to have pride working for. Ok I think I'm done ranting for today maybe!:biggrin_25516:

7. MiFamilyGuy

MiFamilyGuy Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Maybe that's why I can't get any Boyd drivers on the CB. A recruiter gave me a pretty good sales pitch but I haven't found any of their trucks in Mochigan or northern Indiana to talk to. Do you guys ever run in MI? Maybe I've just had bad luck trying to cross paths.

8. slapshot

slapshot Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    wherever I may roam
    Yes we go to MI. You just never see us because flatbed runs off the beaten path a LOT. Then when we are on the interstate its at the times everyone else is parked or loading. BOYD is a good company until you start to make too much money. Then they'll manage your paycheck by saying there is no freight, no freight in that direction, and all the other bs to slow you down so you don't jump into the next tax bracket. Ask any of the vet drivers they'll tell ya. It will go great the first 6-8 months then all the bs and lies start. Just ain't right I tell ya.:biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513:

9. MiFamilyGuy

Sep 17, 2012
    You guys drive mostly at night then? 6-8 months of good income would work for me. I just want to try my hand at flatbed to see if that's the way I want to go when I buy a truck. I'm thinking the rates would be better and the physical work is another plus. After that, I can come back to USX if I need to while I finish saving my cash. There's always an opening on the Dollar General account since most drivers don't like that much exercise!

10. slapshot

slapshot Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    wherever I may roam
    Not mostly nights but its a different schedule. A lot of early morning then deliver then dh n the morning early afternoon to make a new pu then drive whatever time u have left to make your new delivery the next day. The good paying flatbed freight is all short haul less than 800 miles.

11. MiFamilyGuy

Sep 17, 2012
    That doesn't sound too bad. Too bad they feel the need to limit your income. I thought salary caps were for professional sports! Do they at least allow you to make 55-60k?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.