Boyd Intermodal

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by slapshot, Aug 12, 2012.

1. drag'nfly

drag'nfly Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2010
    NC
    I spent 4 years at Boyd and I did really well there as a company driver. They really don't limit your income or anything. A lot depends on who you have for dispatcher and how you run. That's all. Besides flatbed freight overall is pretty slow right now and I doubt it will get any better before spring.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes I am with Boyd. As far as rail car think of issues before spatting off about that. No I am not here to make friends and obviously wont but I see the original post is in Aug. Talk to shippers. I do know for FACT that RG Steel claimed bankruptcy in July, one of the reasons we had a slow month. They were a large account. And yes it is also who your FM is and how you treat each other. I have seen Diva drivers that make it difficult for everyone and then expect everyone to bow down to them. I went into a GP plant a few months ago and they asked me if I had any problem finding the place. I told them no and it was because they were getting info from me. Another driver got himself lost and ended up in a farm where he had problems getting out then told the loaders that his FM told him he can go to the front of the line and get loaded immediately. They also told me that he couldn't even strap down the load correctly so they had to help. C'mon, don't be an ##### and then wonder why you are treated poorly. We bring most of these problems on ourselves. And before you ask, I have been out here for 14 years.

4. slapshot

slapshot Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    wherever I may roam
    Well it appears I need to clarify some things so some people don't have the wrong impression. First is that you should never ASSUME anything about someone cuz well we know the rest of that saying:yes2557:. So with that said, for the record I am a very modest driver, have more patiences than any driver I know, have fixed more BS for Boyd than I can count, and I still don't ask for special treatment or think I deserve it. ALL I ASK FOR IS TO BE TREATED FAIRLY. I KNOW WHEN I'M BEING SCREWED. The problem is that too many drivers don't see the BIG PICTURE. They don't check the load boards and read the paper and keep up with the industry and the markets. All they do is listen to whatever bs the company tells them and then say "oh ok makes sense". Prime example was that I was laidover in Dallas one day and then I checked the load boards to find 1800 available flatbed loads in a 100 mile radius of Dallas. The real problem was that those loads didn't allow Boyd to make what they consider enough money cuz their greedy. Ask all the guys that were on percentage pay then switched back to cpm because Boyd started lying about the freight rate. Come on now, I'm supposed to respect a company that won't even let me have 27% I'm entitled to. Do they really think I'm that dumb to beleive that they booked a load for less than a dollar a mile after I witnessed the Dallas situation. Then when we were on percentage pay the cheap bs freight never stopped. They had no problem getting outside brokered loads that were cheap. Its all about payroll taxes WAKEUP! Why do you think they do per diem pay? Do I have to explain how that benefits them to you also? Why do you think all the experienced drivers have left Boyd? They got tired of being screwed. Its sad when I used to run 2600 - 3100 miles consistently and now I can't even get 1900. So If you guys want to continue being narrow minded and are happy with half of the money we used to make then keep on chasing that carrot their dangling in front of you. I for one have higher ethics, standards, and goals in life and my work!

5. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey I agree with you in that aspect. Makes me a little upset when I noticed all the "need a load" bumper stickers and board at Cofield. Take a look around though, it is going on everywhere. Only thing I can say is take a stand, and not just griping on here, or move on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.