boyd miles for hard runners?

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by wyio, Mar 20, 2014.

1. wyio

wyio Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I'm currently on swift flatbed. I know they don't give us too much cents per mile but we get as much miles as we want. (i typically go from chicago-loredo TX- sc- ohio/indiana/chicago in a week) for 3000-3500 miles easy. I was wondering how many miles does Boyd typically get their drivers.

(I live in Philly but I'm not concerned at all about home time. I just run hard and try to get the money)

Chinatown and mje Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    If it is not broken, do not fix it. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Any more cliches needed? Just enjoy what you have and leave it alone. Jumping from one job to another over the issue of miles when you are running very well now will only come back to haunt you later down the road when it keeps you from actually getting the better job because you are viewed as a job hopper.

Chinatown and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's true; hard to beat the steady miles you're getting now. Unless you're just absolutely bored with the same route every week I wouldn't jump ship just yet. If you're determined to try something else, then look at System Transport and Melton Truck Lines & at least get some coast to coast running.

gpsman and wyio Thank this.
  5. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Personally, if I were you, I would stay put. Dollars to donuts, there are truck drivers who would love to trade places with you, due to the FANTASTIC miles that you are currently driving. In the eyes of many people, you are doing quite well.

Keep up the good work and the absolute best of luck to you and your family!

wyio Thanks this.
  6. wyio

wyio Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Yea its good but Boyd pay is way better. If I was there with the same miles I'd be the happyest kid in the world. I just don't wanna switch and end up with 2000 a week. I was just wondering typical mileage for somebody who runs hard 7 days a week to compare/contrast

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One new Boyd driver posted he's making about$700.00 a week. Hard to say if that's the norm or not unless you talk to several of their drivers.

wyio Thanks this.
  8. Drivers girl

Drivers girl Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    My bf is making anywhere from $700 to $1500 a wk. it just depends on the week. Some weeks he doesn't have a lot of miles but the pay is a lil better because he'll run short runs that are % instead of cpm. (28% instead of .38cpm for less than 300 miles if I'm remembering right). He's been running solo since Dec if that helps you any.

wyio Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I simply don't understand why so many people are focused on miles. It's about how many dollars you made over the year, not how many miles you ran.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.