Boyd or Maverick?

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by Ajax46, Aug 18, 2013.

1. daddy2twins

daddy2twins Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Southeast Georgia
    Believe me... I would love TMC but the 14 days out won't work for me leaving my wife home with our twin babies. If I lived in north Georgia around Atlanta then I could be home most weekends with them but I live in southeast Georgia so oh well. As far as autos... I don't really care as long as it pays my bills for my family. :biggrin_25525: I would gladly take a "refresher" course. I have no problem shifting anyway.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VLSanders2013

VLSanders2013 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2013
    if TMC is out go with maverick. guy I graduated with 18 months ago is making $.48 mile now, and he is home nearly every weekend. plus maveric has great orientation and training pay.. think its $550 weekly.

I don't drive for maverick I drove for TMC

daddy2twins Thanks this.
  4. daddy2twins

daddy2twins Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Southeast Georgia
    Thanks. I didn't know if I should go for boyd or maverick. I heard people complain about the autos with maverick and the fact that you get a fl with them and a pro star with boyd. I appreciate all of the info from everyone. Please keep any info coming...

5. mikek87

mikek87 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I was thinkni macerick but then my trainer at school brought up a good point. If u use an auto it could couse isues down the road when u want to go somewere else becouse u are now in experiancved with. Shifting. Don't know how true this is but it does make since. So I am. Goin with boyd.

6. Rigbuilder

Rigbuilder Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Bedford, Texas
    I drive for Maverick and after 2 years and with the new pay for performance package am making .54$ a mile. You'll be home every weekend if you're in flatbed. Every two weeks for glass. Automatics don't sound so bad when you're bringing in the big bucks.

7. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    Once you've learned to shift it comes back easily. Auto shift is great once you get used to it and it didn't make you less manly in any way. The debate between auto shift or manuals is just stupid.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.